Author Topic: Park Lodge  (Read 6946 times)

student84

Re: Park Lodge
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »
Is there anyone on this who went to the school roughly around the years 1983-88?

If you need to chat about anything from then I'm here to offer help and advice....

Take care

Paulsmart

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
I started park lodge in the old school with mrs gallagher, and had mr liam phelan - a great teacher for P5,6,7. There was the legend of the giant snake supposed to be in the empty old school, and the reality of massive rats in the forest where we made our huts - they had to be exterminated.

Tom J

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 04:02:50 AM »
Brother Leonard was a complete sadist. Someone told me that he went on to be head of the Christian Brothers. He should have been put in jail. He took an instant dislike to me and strapped me every day. One morning he hit me with the strap 21 times. When I was 6 he asked me a maths question and when I couldn't answer he punched me full force in the face and knocked me into the easel blackboard which fell down on top of me. On my very last day there, I was about to exit the gate forever when he called me back and strapped me one last time.

old wallion

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that Tom he was only a bully, McGrade was just as bad unless you lived in a large house on the Antrim Road and had plenty of money they crawled around those families for donations. He moved to CBS Glen Road where he continued bully. Regards OW

Tom J

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 07:13:13 AM »
I was one of the first intake of pupils. The only thing I liked was when Mr. Colihan used to switch on the radio show Singing Together. He used to smoke his pipe in class, it had a nice aroma, and once sent me to Guy's shop to buy him Condor Sliced tobacco.

old wallion

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »

Singing together at 11amMonday morning with William Appleby. lol
I remember it well. I left Park Lodge 1966 :)

Gak.

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
Went there till 66. Detested the place. Given 10 words to learn each night. Next morning you got a slap for each one you spelt wrong. Sadist! Not long after this started I bought the spelling book and ripped the relevant page out and hid it in my hand each morning. Ha Ha. :D No more slaps for me. [censored]!

student84

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
Anyone on here remember brother Kenny?

Tom J

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 01:04:50 PM »
I was one of the first ever pupils at the school, in the 50s. Brother Leonard, who, I hear, went on to be the Head of the Christian Brothers, was the headmaster of Park lodge. Unfortunately, he taught me. I used to go to school with my knees knocking together with fright. During my first couple of weeks there, I couldn't answer one of his questions, and he punched me full force in the face, knocking me into the easel blackboard, which collapsed around me. He was a sadist and persecuted me through my whole time there. As i was leaving the gate on my joyful last day there, I shouted something like, "Whoopee!". He called me back and whacked me 6 times with his strap. I always wanted to meet him when I was an adult, but never did. He was never punished for his child abuse.