Author Topic: Bellevue  (Read 19353 times)

tommytwotoes

Re: Bellevue
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
hi tommy brilliant photos , ;) ;)
some one said the steps are still there,
good if you want to run up with some cloths on this time :D
kate to funny I ment nackered not naked but just for you nxt time am home I,ll run naked up them ok maybe walk  :haha: :haha: :haha: rgds tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

tommytwotoes

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »
Hi Tommy

I remember it well; I used to love that single deck bus that took visitors to the top.

This picture brings back lovely memories of my childhood; I can hear that bus diesel engine and the distinctive smells all come flooding back.   

THANK YOU, Tommy budore this was the first ever bus at Bellevue which got nick named the toast rack, you can prob, guess why ,ps great pics you put on keep em coming rgds tommy

B
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Budore

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2013, 01:37:10 AM »

Hi Tommy

I did come across the older 'Toast Rack' bus during my browsing and here is a slightly different picture to yours.

B

I acknowledge that the above picture is copyright of its respective owners and is used only as a social talking point.
_________________________________________________ __________________________________________

@ SJ,

No I am not in Boston, I am much closer to Belfast, Dundrod.
I found this book to be compulsive reading and I am amused by the spelling of some of the old English words.
I was making the missus laugh (a novelty for her) about the butchers having to give over the tongues of their cattle to the corporation as payment for their freemanship.
If you found that book interesting there is another that I have found from the same source. This book lists all the burials in Clifton Street Cemetery from January 1831. The ailments that people died from then are easily cured today. As an example, I seen 2 sisters from Ward Street died on the same day from diarrhoea, one aged 45 and the other 57. This is the link to this book http://www.scribd.com/doc/54840968/Belfast-Burials.

B

sj

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »
Budore....thanks for the conversation. ....when I was in Belfast one time I bought a book the title of which was Bellevue.  It would seem to be the same book and I have read it twice.  I will look at the link that you have supplied. .I am a bit morbid sometimes? ??? ;) :D   I went to a place caklled Mareeba yesterday and walked around the Italian section of the graveyard.   Amazing to see the little buildings that are used to house the dead and to see where people were born in Italy and Sicily and died in Mareeba.  It used to make it's money from tobacco and what grew in between the rows of tobacco . :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

old wallion

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
Happy new year everyone, see you all at the zoo on Easter Monday.

OW

floral

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:32 AM »
no problem have a happy new year

Seadun

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:37 AM »
Went to Bellevue many times with my parents when I was a child.  We rolled our Easter Eggs there or at the castle every year.  Spent many enjoyable hours on the dodgems and the ghost train at Barrys!
My dad and I would walk the dogs up the 'Hill on Sunday mornings and he would throw the ball into the pond at Floral Hall for the them to fetch. 
When I was a teenager we roller-skated at Floral Hall and spent many Sunday afternoons in and around Bellevue and the zoo.  We met the members of The Move (Carl Wayne, Roy Wood, Bev Bevan, etc.) there once --- very nice blokes.

HelenB

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
How many of you remember Jean (first known as The Bug and then, for a short while as Sir Crawford)?
www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/yourplaceandmine/topics/transport/railway_journeys2.shtml Listen to John Bennett's programme about Jean on the YP&M site.

I wonder how many young couples fell in love with this little railway engine while it was at Bellevue and named their daughters Jean?

Jean, once more known as The Bug, is now working at The Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway and has her own Fan Club.

My maternal grandfather worked at Bellevue and drove the miniature train. I'll see if I can find the photos and post them.