Author Topic: Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie  (Read 1400 times)

FemaleDuck

Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
Ciao, will be coming to Belfast during the first weekend of November. There are 3 of us: me in my early 30s, a local lad in the late 20s and the yout in his early 20s. The young one wants to get wrecked, pull the lasses and hit a club on the Saturday night (we have already agreed to do a pub-crawl on the Friday night), the middle one doesn't particularly like clubs but will go with the flow. I am very relunctant to go to a club or in fact anywhere rowdy and full of young lager louts in the making. I really would like to avoid teenage drinkers if possible. I don't want to be the wet blanket and spoil the fun but I really cannot enjoy myself in nightclubs anymore.
Can anyone recommend some decent chilled out and cool bars that can satisfy all 3 of us? Nice surroundings, a mixed slightly older crowd, good music, good atmosphere???
Vietnam tour operating|Hanoi Vietnam[

Christopher

Re: Belfast nightlife for 30 year olds who can't boogie
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »
If you enjoy mumbling in a bar that caters for the older weekend crowd, Cafe Vaudeville, which is a converted old bank (it was the HQ of the Belfast Savings Bank) serves cocktails, beers, and fine wines.

I haven't been to the Basement Bar but it might meet your requirements. Another bar I'd recommend is the John Hewitt as it tends to get a mixed age group. You'll be able to hear music in both these bars on a Friday night.