Author Topic: Belfast Stevenson's  (Read 699 times)

jstevenson

Belfast Stevenson's
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
I am researching my husband's family and have hit a dead end.  Here is what I have:
Andrew Leonard Stevenson 1920-1984, born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, died in Canada (immigrated in 1926)
His parents: Andrew Stevenson (1884-?) & Rachel Richardson (1880-?).  They were married in 1906 in Belfast. I have found their family on the 1911 Belfast census.  It says Andrew was born in Co. Antrim, but I can't find him.  I have their marriage info as well as Andrew Leonard's birth info from ancestryireland.com
Andrew's father is Joseph (according to marriage info).  Rachel's parents are John Richardson & Annabella McLean (sp?).

I have looked on ancestyireland.com and emeraldancestors.com. 

Thanks for any help!

jp08

Re: Belfast Stevenson's
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »
It says Andrew was born in Co. Antrim, but I can't find him.

You'll need his birth cert from the GRONI or from GRO Roscommon.  I was going to say you can check the index data at your local LDS centre but 1884 falls into the microfilm void if I remember rightly (~1880 to 1900).

ballykeel

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »
Hi jstevenson

Hope this may be of some help with your search, from Emerald Ancestors. ..

Civil Marriage
06 Apr 1878
John Richardson
Annabella McClean
Christchurch C of I
Parish: Shankill
Civil District: Belfast
County: Antrim

There are a few marriages for Joseph Stevenson, have you any idea what his wifes first name would have been ??

Posting this one as it's the same Church that son Andrew Stevenson married in.

Civil Marriage
15 July 1878
Joseph Finlay Stevenson
Mary Jane Reeves
Trinity C of I
Parish: Shankill
Civil District: Belfast
County: Antrim

Good luck with your search  O0

Regards
Bkeel
'Love all, trust few, always paddle your own canoe'

Moorfield Street

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »
By coincidence, I was about to try and find an uncle of my wife, when I came across the same surname on this Post.

I cannot help your Stevenson but could someone help me find information on a
Thomas and Angela Stevenson
 Ava Avenue, Ormeau Road.   !1930-1950)

They both worked for the Ormeau Bakery.   I hope someone can help. :)   David Campbell.

jstevenson

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
Ballykeel: thanks for the marriage info for John and Annabella McClean!  Joseph Finlay Stevenson and Mary Jane Reeves is worth looking into, thanks again.

Andrew's mother's first name was not listed on his marriage info - just his father: Joseph.  I did a search of the 1911 Belfast census for "Joseph Stevenson" - assuming he was still living and in Belfast.  The one that sounded like it might fit was about 65 years old and working as a wellsinker, same profession as Andrew at that time.  However, he is listed as living alone, but married.

allthingskinkead

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 11:03:31 PM »
By coincidence, I was about to try and find an uncle of my wife, when I came across the same surname on this Post.

I cannot help your Stevenson but could someone help me find information on a
Thomas and Angela Stevenson
 Ava Avenue, Ormeau Road.   !1930-1950)

They both worked for the Ormeau Bakery.   I hope someone can help. :)   David Campbell.

David

From what I have found out Angela was my 1st Cousin (3 times removed). I live in Northern Ireland and happy to talk about possible connection to your wife's family.

Sam