Author Topic: Genealogy Meet Belfast Saturday July 29th  (Read 2028 times)

Christopher

Genealogy Meet Belfast Saturday July 29th
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:02:53 PM »
Hiya Folks,

Colette and I are both on a Genealogy/Family History site called RootsChat. The Admin there sent me a number of little printed cards with a calender on one side and details of the site on the other side. Like your site here being exceptionally friendly Rootschat is the friendliest family history site on the net. It offers fast free family history help.

That is the end of the spiel. I am arranging a Meet on Saturday 29th July for members. You guys are all welcome to come along too. Please let me know if you would like to come. I will put your names on the list. The Meet will not be restricted to Genealogy. We will have the opportunity to learn something about the History of Belfast too. The plan is to meet in the Linenhall Library (some people may go to the Ulster Historical Foundation in Wellington place for a while). After that possibly a pub lunch somewhere then a tour around the City Hall and then a visit to the Ulster Museum at Stranmillis. The museum is closing at the end of August for two years for renovations.

I look forward to hearing from some of you. I will do my best to get some more members to join this brilliant site. Many Thanks for allowing me to post this message.

Christopher   

Christopher

Re: Genealogy Meet Belfast Saturday July 29th
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 07:25:01 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya Folks,

Saturday 29th July is drawing near. I was in with the Ulster Historical Foundation yesterday, bought some books and joined the Guild. The Saturday morning trip there is a non starter. They now work a five day week.

Belfast Cathedral, the Cathedral Church of St Anne in Donegal Street is open on Saturday 10.00am to 4.00pm. http://www.belfastcathedral.org/a_to_z/article/id/140 so how about meeting there and then going on to the Linenhall Library where we should be able to get a coffee and have a look round? Then lunch and the City Hall tour. After that the Ulster Museum.

Joebhoy and I had a chat on the phone the other day. He suggested I should check on the number of people bringing a car and whether they would be parking somewhere near the city centre. Here is a site with maps http://www.yell.com/super/car+parks/belfast?sem=g .. look for National Car Parks

If anyone would like my phone number please send a PM
If anyone from Belfast Forum (who is not already a member of Rootschat)  would like to come it is not too late to have your name added to the list.

All the Best, Christopher