Author Topic: The White City  (Read 8068 times)

macroyal

Re: The White City
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 07:18:59 PM »
Thanks for that Brown Low

dendar

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
hi jim I was last home in 2007 for my nieces wedding.Itook a drive up to the whitecity and your right it was certainly different. even kernan close is now kernan drive.you say you lived at 26 mulderg drive. i went to carrick tech with a robert blakely who lived at 26 before you. he obviously moved. did you know him? he was a nice guy.did you marry a girl from the whitecity? weather has been decent this week, couple of degrees below but sunny for the most part,no snow, which is good.
cheers
dennis

mccoy

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »
Hi Dennis great to here from you. Never new the Blakelys I think we may have taken no 26 over from them .no 24 next door was the Porters  2 children about our age Helen & Jim if you remember them,
other names that you may remember ,Pat Rainey ,Winkey Reid , Barbara Johnston [I think she had a older sister but can not remember her name] Eleanor Conner, Christine McCormick & Margaret
Little . Hilary my other half came from the Creagh road other side of Belfast . What part of Canada are you living in I have just e-mailed some photos to a friend from my primary school days in Ligoniel
, he lives Edmonton ,Alberta .The weather over here is very bad at the minute I think we are getting your snow

Best regards Jim McC

dendar

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:55 AM »
him jim I remember all the names you mentioned with the exception of the mccormacks.pat rainey moved in beside my mother and father in kernan close.winkie reid with the brace on his leg.the johnstons were good friends with our family and barbaras sisters name was myrtle.we are living in waterloo ontario,and at the moment we are expecting more snow this weekend.we had 30 centimetres of snow last sunday and the snowbanks are getting quite high. i look forward to spring!! my e mail add is [email protected] if maybe you want it.
cheers
dennis

rocker53zero

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 06:54:38 AM »
Another suburb of Belfast, Whitewell. My parents lived in Portmore Hill in the White City, off Whitewell Road, till 1963. I was only three when they moved away from there, but I have heard all the stories about how wonderful the community was and how happy my family was there. Did anyone on here live in the White City at that time? :)
   I had a few good friends from White City. Brian Cahill, who died in 1975, a great guy. Impossible to forget.  George Silo. His father was still living there recently. and an ex girlfriend of mine. lyn Bell. Also Joe Ferguson, he was ok.

cathy651

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
Redmond 12 Laragh RD
Redmond i lived in 12 Laragh RD