Author Topic: Are you a Forum member who has not made a post?  (Read 3854 times)

Christopher

Are you a Forum member who has not made a post?
« on: December 01, 2006, 08:32:11 AM »
Belfast Forum has just under 500 members now. The greatest number online at any one time was about eight. Let's see if we can break that record today.  If you are a member who has not yet posted could you possibly get into the festive spirit and make a first time post. If you are a member who has posted in the past but has not posted recently please post again .. let us at least know you are still in the land of the living. If you are a guest reading these boards please register and post as we'd be delighted to have you as a fellow member .. well there are one or two exceptions but then you get identical exceptions on other websites now and again.

We realise that family and other commitments may prevent you from posting on a regular basis. Some of those people who have not posted may have been in hospital for one reason or another .. we hope those people are
on the road to recovery. Others may have had problems with their computers .. whatever the reasons we look forward to hearing from all the Forum members and welcoming many more new members in the not too distant future.

If Tommy at buncrana.com reads this message many thanks for the use of this idea.
I took the liberty of mentioning Belfast Forum in my message on your site so it deserves a mention here.

1800 MYFLORIST

Re: Are you a Forum member who has not made a post?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »
I can't belive the greatest number ever on-line was only 8?, is that right? it seems very low for such a regularly contributed to forum?
Gareth Austin
Newtowncunningham
Co Donegal

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »
I can't belive the greatest number ever on-line was only 8?, is that right? it seems very low for such a regularly contributed to forum?

We have four at the moment.

I'm wrong there for starters .. we have six at the moment 2 Guests and 4 Users.

I must be wrong about eight as guests should qualify. Maybe twenty would be the top figure.

greyghost

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:28:15 AM »
I have around 300 on NZG forum, the most on line at any one time was 24, I missed all the fun, I wasn't online that night. lol
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:43:27 AM »
I have around 300 on NZG forum, the most on line at any one time was 24, I missed all the fun, I wasn't online that night. lol

That's 100% increase ... there are two of us now :D

Lanarkshire lassie

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:25:22 AM »
Would just like to add to the thread, and offer Seasons Greetings To all! It does seem sad that so few people are using the forum regularly. Unless you visit and read what topics are on offer, you really are missing out.Let's try to get the number of users at one time rising!!

Gail
Sophie and Aaron's gran.Looking for g grandparents from County Antrim

MaryLennon

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
23 peeps in BF today  :o ;D. ..is that a record, come on all you guests, join up and share your knowledge and stories and craic, we don't bite, well, Christopher might but we have him muzzled  :D

Mary

MaryLennon

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
has anyone said the words yet. ...you know, the 'mc' word in here, I'm gonna do it,

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone  ;D

Christopher

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »
has anyone said the words yet. ...you know, the 'mc' word in here, I'm gonna do it,

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone  ;D

Oh! You bold girl, Mary. I'm saving mine till later. I wonder if Chris will make the site Christmassy ???
Several other sites do that over the Christmas period. RootsChat already have their emoticon Santas :D

ballykeel

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »
Hi Chris,
It has been a wee while since my last post, have been busy with work and decorating, have also been unwell, but recovering now, and I'm still in the land of the living - just. Cheers for now, will post again soon. Ballykeel
'Love all, trust few, always paddle your own canoe'

Christopher

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »
Hiya Brenda,

I'm sorry to hear you have been ill. I'm glad to hear you are better.

Christopher

MaryLennon

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 02:42:54 PM »
Hi Ballykeel, Welcome back  ;D

myoldshep

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 02:40:14 AM »
Hello MAgeeka, Christopher, MaryLennon ....and all the others whose posts I have  been enjoying reading
I don't know how to do this....Apologies if I upset anyone by postring in the wrong place.   . but here goes anyway. 
I have been up all night and most of the day reading all the posts from  the BelfastForum and I have been in fits!!!!! When I told Jim ('im outdoors) about this site and the people on it  he said he knew some of the names and places etc. He is in Liverpool overnight but  wanted me to post a photo he has of his class in Strand Primary School about 1950's...you might know some of the boys. I have scanned it onto the pc but i think it may be too big to post here.   Can anyone shrink it?  I'll try to crop it.
Thank you for the laughs . ;D..you took me back to Belfast for a while and  my childhood in the 60's.     MyOldShep :]http: [/img]

Christopher

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:58 AM »
Hiya myoldshep,

Welcome to Belfast Forum. Sorry for spoiling your beauty sleep :D

What a brilliant picture. I hope some of those guys recognise their pictures and join the Forum if they have not done so already.

I look forward to many more of your posts.

Best Wishes, Christopher

MaryLennon

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 10:43:10 AM »
Hi Myoldshep, another great ID  ;D
Pic size looks fine and what a bunch of wee cuties

Mary