Author Topic: Nightlife in Belfast  (Read 1264 times)

FemaleDuck

Nightlife in Belfast
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:57 AM »
Hello,

I have few questions which I hope you might be able to help. I am flying into Dublin on Feb 18th and would like to visit Belfast for a day or two.

Could you tell me what the nightlife is like on a Sunday night? Are most places closed? Any club suggestions?

Also, what is the best way to travel from Dublin to Belfast? Does Ryan Air fly from Belfast to Glagow or Edinburgh? Thank you very much for your time and help. I look forward to visting Belfast again. It has been almost five years.
Vietnam tour operating|Hanoi Vietnam[

Christopher

Re: Nightlife in Belfast
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:05:12 AM »
Hello FemaleDuck,

The best way to travel from Dublin to Belfast is to get the Enterprise from Connolly Street, Dublin to Central Station, Belfast. There you can change trains and go to Great Victoria Street or you can get a bus to the city centre or a taxi to wherever you are staying.

Most places are open on Sunday nights. Check the Forum Calendar to see what's on in the city. I've posted a few already but there should be several more before the time you are in Belfast. 

Flybe and RyanAir go to both Glasgow and Edinburgh from the George Best Belfast City Airport.

Christopher

machinehead

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »
I would say the most convenient and cheapest way to get from Dublin airport to Belfast is the airport bus. Runs every hour or so.

I used it last night from Dublin airport to Belfast. Left at 23.30, arrived Belfast at 01.25. Cost was either 14.00 or Euro 14.00, your choice. Leaves from the airport front door.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:26:55 PM »
I would say the most convenient and cheapest way to get from Dublin airport to Belfast is the airport bus. Runs every hour or so.

I used it last night from Dublin airport to Belfast. Left at 23.30, arrived Belfast at 01.25. Cost was either 14.00 or Euro 14.00, your choice. Leaves from the airport front door.

If FemaleDuck is spending some time in Dublin before heading to Belfast would the bus be better than the train?

machinehead

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »
If FemaleDuck is spending some time in Dublin before heading to Belfast would the bus be better than the train?

In that case, the train might be better.

But it's the same bus. It leaves Dublin, stops at the airport and onto Belfast. It's cheaper than the train ( maybe 1/3 of the cost) but you pays your  money and takes your choice.

I'd still use the bus but that's just me.