Author Topic: castlereigh place  (Read 1074 times)

bubbie

castlereigh place
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:51:51 PM »
can anyone tell me if the is such a place? and how can i find out if there is, who lived in number 45 in 1920/30 thank you for any help that can be given best wishes

Christopher

Re: castlereagh place
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »
can anyone tell me if the is such a place? and how can i find out if there is, who lived in number 45 in 1920/30 thank you for any help that can be given best wishes

Hiya bubbie,

Castlereigh Place ... no such place. Castlereagh Place runs from 33, Castlereagh Street to 174, Woodstock Road. Mary Lennon may help you if she can spare the time from nattering as she has several directories for the period about which you are enquiring.

Christopher

bubbie

Re: castlereigh place
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 06:22:03 PM »
thank you christopher you are a hunny bun

bubbie

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »
Was looking up an uncle to went off to the states. He arrived there in 1929  i am lead to believe that his father was living at 45 castlereagh place  as his nok by the name of elias branagh. ty for your help now also how do i contact mary lennon best wishes

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 07:04:58 PM »
Hiya bubbie,

I sent her a message. If you want to send any one a message either look for a message sent by them .. click on their name and scroll down their profile to the line where it says send this member a message. You can also find members by going to the site's main index and at the foot of the page on the right hand side you'll find the number of members. Click on that and at the top of the page you'll get a facility for an alphabetical search.

Chris

MaryLennon

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »
Christopher.  >:( you are off my Christmas list  :P
nattering indeed...hmph my face was buried in Street Directories..as usual  :D

Castlereagh Place. .yes where I lived in the 70s ;D

ok, let's start earlier
1918/19
Castlereagh Place
45. Branagh, Elias, boot maker

1923/25/30/31
Castlereagh Place
45. Branagh, Elias, boot agent

1940/41/42/43/45/48/49/51/54
Castlereagh Place
45. Branagh, Miss Mabel

Castlereagh Place
45. Thompson, J. Newlands

bubbie

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 07:48:47 PM »
Mary i could give you a big hug if you were here right now x You have been a brill help

MaryLennon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
you're very welcome  8) ;D

ulsterstan

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 04:53:01 AM »
Is the big stone still on the corner of Albertbridge Rd. and Castlereagh St.  outside the pub, i was told that was for the drunks to help them climb on their horse to go home but i'm sure they're are a lot of different stories .
Stan Sloan.

giannineo

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
Ulsterstan,I remember that big stone and my mother telling me it was known as the"Mount".Yip,for anyone wishing to climb aboard their horse.
          Tell your dear wife please that my daughter is off to Aberdeen for Hogmanay...she will have a "fash supper" no doubt.
     If your wife wants a wee reminder of her home town she can google Hector Brocklebank---a guy called Robin Galloway...she will love it-A guid New Year to ane n' a' exiles,G. :)

ulsterstan

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
Thanks ,we'll check that out ,wish we were there too, all the best for 2007. Stan.
Stan Sloan.

eddiec

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 11:30:51 PM »
Is the big stone still on the corner of Albertbridge Rd. and Castlereagh St.  outside the pub, i was told that was for the drunks to help them climb on their horse to go home but i'm sure they're are a lot of different stories .

Its still there although Clancy's Bar is now a bookies... I think theres a plaque there in front of it now though but I can't be sure as I'm usually on a bus when passing it...
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>