Author Topic: Roslyn Street, off London Road, East Belfast  (Read 24727 times)

msw1

Re: Roslyn Street, off London Road, East Belfast
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
Would the Billy from London be Willy Winters he lived in the first house with brother Eric

Carol_Belfast

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
Thanks Belfast beau and proofreader for this information.  This could be a place to start at the Ravenhill Presbyterian Church. 

This family could be part of my family - not sure - my grandmother and father are long gone and I am in Canada.. 

This family may not have even known my Maggie Dowds (grandmother) with the wooden leg. 

I'll keep plugging on...   thanks for  your help.

Herbie

Hello,

My name is Carol Welsh and I was their neighbour as a child.  Eddie and Lily Dowds are buried in Roselawn cemetery and their eldest son Edward lives off the Lower Braniel Road on the corner of Wood (something) street/drive in a bungalow, behind the Braniel School.  I don't know where Billy is and Robert has passed away.  Robert was a member of the Albert Bridge Accordian Band once (big drummer).

Carol_Belfast

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »
Wish I knew this area better.  Trying to picture these streets, even on a map, is not easy...

Thanks again

hello, roslyn street is off london road and that is off my ladys road, and there used to be a small school at the upper end, also off roslyn street was gotha st, coburg st and the emmanuel hall half way, imperial street went across the middle. cassie stewart lived in no.4, peggy and roy welsh and me and my brother roy lived in no.8 and eddy and lily dowds in no.10. the nelsons lived in no.69  roslyn st  at the bottom end off imperial drive.

jaybee715

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
Re Lagan Village:

Any chance of you having a picture of the school ?????????

Reacher

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »
I was born in Roslyn Street in 1968.

Some posts have referred to the Martin family. Not sure if its the same folk, but I remember (vaguely) playing in the street with David Martin, who would have been a similar age to myself. Think he had blonde hair (like myself) and moved away when I was about 4 or 5 years old (about 1972 or 1973).

Never saw him or heard of him again.

morgo216

Re: Roslyn Street
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:37 AM »
Hi all Anybody here from Roslyn Street that lived there in the late 60's...I grew up here or should I say got dragged up here...lol

morgo216

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »
I lived here number 24...

Daddycool

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2015, 04:03:51 PM »
Hi I know norman I went to nettlefield then park psrade knew a lot up roslynn st way my namex is maurice hume from sherwood st would love to speak on sherwood st or cherryville st  page

Daddycool

« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2015, 09:03:44 PM »
Used to go with kay nelson from roslyn st any info of her would be great  maurice hume from sherwood st  02891455977

CMcG

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2015, 04:03:45 AM »
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Gus123a

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2020, 09:51:46 AM »
Does anyone know of a Margaret Montgomery who used to live in Roslyn street in the 60s would Be in her mid 60s now xx