Author Topic: The Bestest Scams  (Read 880 times)

MaryLennon

The Bestest Scams
« on: December 06, 2006, 07:19:23 PM »
I would like to see the weirdest/funniest/stupidest scams that you've been sent by email

here's one I got today, doesn't your heart just bleed?
gee must email this guy immediately  ;D I wish there was a way to tell them to 'go away' without acknowledging my email address. .grrr probably some spotty teen with no life and a broken right arm  ::)

DR.SANOU BELLO
Dear,

I am the head of Accounts and Audit Department of Bank of Africa,
Ouagadougou . I decided to contact you after a careful thought that you may be capable of handling this business transaction which i explained below;

In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $10.5m US dollars (Ten million, five hundred thousand US dollars). In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in 2000  in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that his supposed next of kin(his son and wife) died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim .

It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in my department now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin (We want to present you as his busines asociate )to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained Unclaimed after seven years, the money will be transferred into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner .

We agree that 30% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 60% would be for me and my colleagues. There after I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.

Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to your account as arranged,you must apply first to the bank as next of kin of the deceased customer. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.

I expect that you contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter.

Hoping to hear from you immediately.

Yours faithfully,
DR .SANOU BELLO
Accounts & Audit Department ,
Bank of Africa

Nb.also give me your telephone and fax numbers for easy comunication with you.

pentio

Re: The Bestest Scams
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »
Mary

I had a good laugh when i read your posting. .the unfortunate thing about rubbish like this is that some poor soul will fall for it  ..do they think we came up the Lagan in a bubble  lol. ...

pentio. ;D

MaryLennon

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
hehehe did you put that in old belfast sayings, its a classic. .and yes, I know some people who worry about these scams and take them seriously.  .sighs. .such a pity

EllCee

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:37:51 PM »
Mary, it can be risky even opening these scam emails.  Sometimes they include hidden spyware or trojans which can be dangerous to your PC.

I don't open any of them, but I will look at the text of the message by using:  View > Message Source  from the Tool Bar.

Apologies if you already know this    :)  It's not easy to know other people's knowledge of computers.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

MaryLennon

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:47 PM »
all information is useful and yes I did know, I'm a risk taker  :o
besides I'll sue my virus programme if it lets them loose on my wee baby  ::)

I think this thread might be helpful though for people who are new to the internet and don't know these things so it's a good idea to reiterate anyway Les

MaryLennon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »
JUST IN - JOB OPPORTUNITY.  ;D yeah right

Hello,
How are you doing? I am Mrs.Wang Ceng, MD/CEO Wujiang
Wanlinda Textile CO;Ltd. I am involved in the
manufacture and exportation of textile materials to
Canada, South America, North America and some part of
the Middle East.

I really need representatives in these regions
provinces for my business to succeed as it is,and that
is the reason why I am contacting you now.

I am looking for a man/woman who is trustworthy to be
in charge of receiving cash on my company's behalf in
his/her country.If you know you are not trustworthy,
please do not bother to reply at all because a lot of
money is involved here.

All I am asking you if you would like to earn extra
cash working for us as our represntative in the above
named regions.
For the first 60days representatives will receive 10%
statutory commission on every transaction processed.

After the 60days trial period, the commission will
increase to 15% from any amount you help us collect
from our customers. Prior to this time, making
remittance to us were not as difficult as it is for us
exporters in the east because checks from these
countries never took any time before they cleared in
our country  but now it takes weeks and this slows
down production for
us.

Some of these customers even send checks that will not
clear eventually at the end of the day and this
creates more financial
problems for us.

The best part of this job offer is that you do not
have to leave your present place of employment because
it is on a part-time basis.You can ask any question
concerning the transaction and all it entails and
where you are not clear, be rest assured that answers
will be provided to the best of our knowledge and
abilities.

BELOW IS OUR COMPANY'S CORPORATE HEAD OFFICE.
Wujiang Wanlida Textile Co., Ltd. No.6 The Third
District Nanshan Road,
Shengze, Wujiang City, Jiangsu Province. China.

Please, if you are interested in working for us, fill
the following colums below:
 1.FULL NAMES:  ...
 2.ADDRESS:  
 3.SEX:   ...
 4.AGE:   ...
 5.MARITAL STATUS:  
 6.OCCUPATION:  ...
 7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:  
  8.TELEPHONE NUMBER: ...
 9.FAX NUMBER:  ...
 10.ZIP/POSTAL CODE:  
 11.COUNTRY:  
   You are advised to send the mail via:
[email protected]
Kindest Regards,
Mrs Wang Ceng.
MD/CEO
WUJIANG WANLINDA TEXTILES CHINA

giannineo

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:47:03 PM »
Aye Mary,the dodgy African offers of big dosh.I have heard of a guy actually going out to Nigeria and being shot at the airport.I recently had one from a reputable bank -or so it seemed-scam and nasty virus-G. jnr. has just cleared the P.C. tonight.Thak goodness I closed it down quickly ,but not before the virus got to work.

MaryLennon

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:52:04 PM »
yeah it's the reputable ones you have to watch, the ridiculous ones seem to be  just that. .ridiculous
People are really sick, it makes me angry that some 'eegit' spends his days designing these things, hardly rocket science.