Author Topic: Radio Free Belfast  (Read 1877 times)

mauram

Radio Free Belfast
« on: February 01, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
Anyone out there remember this radio station set up early 70`s in the Falls.  When they were starting up they went rou nd the doors asking for any records anybody could LEND them.  Well when I was at work my mother gave them free run of my record collection including all of my Beatles 45`s and E P`s .  When I came home she told me she had lent them and they would bring them back not to worry.  How gullible can you be.   >:( >:(.. Yeah that`s right I never did see them again :( :( :( :( :(

spot

Re: Radio Free Belfast
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »

mauram i remember it well it was run from a room next to the back of the long bar in cyprus st down the falls they playrd mostly reble songs
Spot

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »
If you were one of Radio Free Belfast's presenters would you please return the records you borrowed to mauram.

Did some of Belfast's pirate stations really operate from a phone box ???

mauram

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
Iknew it.   Teragram was always in Cyprus Street was wondering where he got his love and knowledge of music :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

McNamee

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
Mauram,

I think Teragram got his knowledge of music from a Mispent YOUTH :idiot2:

mauram

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 03:14:02 PM »
Yes you`re right  Mcnamee and for a price I`ll tell you where and with who  ;)

McNamee

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
Now that would be money well spent. :D

teragram

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »
Anyone out there remember this radio station set up early 70`s in the Falls.  When they were starting up they went rou nd the doors asking for any records anybody could LEND them.  Well when I was at work my mother gave them free run of my record collection including all of my Beatles 45`s and E P`s .  When I came home she told me she had lent them and they would bring them back not to worry.  How gullible can you be.   >:( >:(.. Yeah that`s right I never did see them again :( :( :( :( :(

Here mauram,    I think I saw your record collection up for auction on Ebay a couple of years ago O0  All the records that were  there, I remember you telling me you had them all.    The best of the  Muppetts,  Max Bygraves, Linga Banga Bong.  Ken Dodd, live at Knotty Ash, and of course Dolly Parton's greatest [censored].
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

mauram

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »
Who had them for sale ... you.  My Beatles collection  would have been worth money nowadays. :( :( :( :(

Christopher

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Who had them for sale ... you.  My Beatles collection  would have been worth money nowadays. :( :( :( :(

They would need to be in mint condition ;)

teragram

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »
Well, the Beatles were before my time as you know ::)  and you also know that I come from a musical background. I learned to play the piano by ear, until one day the lid fell on it.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

bhelena

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

mauram i remember it well it was run from a room next to the back of the long bar in cyprus st down the falls they playrd mostly reble songs
spot those where the days it was a great time for learning your songs ;D ;Dand the Shankill Rd started their radio station with orange lil some of my favorite rebel songs came from that era...

mauram

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
Yeah and you`ve been on the fiddle all your life ;D ;D ;D  Getting back does nobody  else remember Radion Free Belfast  :)

arkie

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »
THE MOST PLAYED RECORD WAS, JOE DOLANS MAKE ME AN ISLAND. ANOTHER TWO WERE  THE DUBLINERS  PEGGY GORDON, AND DIRTY OLD TOWN.  WHEN IT MOVED FROM THE DWYERS, IT WAS SET UP IN A GATEWAY NEXT TO O NEILLS BUTCHERS IN LEESON ST. THEN THERE WAS RADIO FREE SHANKILL.

mauram

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
Joe Dolan was one of mine >:( >:( Go on tell me to get over it :) :)