Author Topic: Radio Free Belfast  (Read 1861 times)

spot

Re: Radio Free Belfast
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
If you were one of Radio Free Belfast's presenters would you please return the records you borrowed to mauram.

Did some of Belfast's pirate stations really operate from a phone box ???

only the dr who one ;D ;)
Spot

The Murph

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 11:05:50 AM »
Anyone out there remember this radio station set up early 70`s in the Falls.  When they were starting up they went rou nd the doors asking for any records anybody could LEND them.  Well when I was at work my mother gave them free run of my record collection including all of my Beatles 45`s and E P`s .  When I came home she told me she had lent them and they would bring them back not to worry.  How gullible can you be.   >:( >:(.. Yeah that`s right I never did see them again :( :( :( :( :(

I remember it. They came round to me and asked me to get it going. I did this but never was involved in the running of it. Cant help with the whereabouts of the records  :)
Blessed are the cracked, they will let in the light.

The Lecturer

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
If anybody out there would like to tell their story about listening to or being involved with Belfast pirate radio from 1969 - 1974, I would love you get in touch to tell your story as I am writing a book on the subject at the moment. It was a fascinating piece of broadcasting history and I want to publish the most comprehensive story of those radio stations.