Author Topic: remember Inglis Bakery belfast.  (Read 68702 times)

Lw2019

Re: remember Inglis Bakery belfast.
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »
Hi the imperial was owned by my grandad armstrong and iv no photos inside the hotel. Do you know of any photos?

Bigali

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »
I remember the old Inglis depot at the bottom of Union Street of my hometown Ballymoney , where the local Inglis breadman stocked up their vans from the lorries that brought the goods from Belfast . My Father was a breadman for Sunblest and had a rural round , I can also remember Sunblest and Inglis vans stopping each other on country roads to buy bread/cakes/fancies that they were running short of from each other.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jtk

« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2019, 09:46:27 PM »
Hello all, just joined this forum, worked at Connswater as a production manager for some years in the late seventies early eighties, I remember people like Billy Mc Coubrey,who was general manager there too, Fred Coyle, Eddie Maguire, Norman Laing,Alec McDowell, Jim Martin, Billy Mc Ilwaine, Jack Kildea, Harry Cooke, Jim Halsall, Betty Maxwell, Molly Stevenson. Great memories, great people. I moved to sales in another industry, but never forgot the great times I had at Inglis, I really missed the people there. I remember visiting Eliza St and Mc Watters bakery and Brookes Beattie in Glasgow as part of my training. Happy memories in what were the worst of times for Belfast. God bless all the people I worked with there.

My dad ( Jack Kildea ) is bottom row, third from the right, in this photo. He is quite young here, but I have an older, but similar photo somewhere.

bullep04

« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
Message for Dub who worked as production manager in Inglis Factory.  I am working for a BBC Archive project and have come upon footage from 1978 in which a spokesperson talks of a new order of biscuits to Arab countries doubling their output from 25,000 pkts per week to 50,000 plus.  I am trying to identify this man.  I work in BBC NI but on this site I am not permitted to post external links - however my email address is in lower case with a dot between my first name and my surname and then it is @bbc.co.uk.  I will send you an image and be very grateful if you might help me to add his name to our data base.  Many thanks, Patricia Buller BBC Northern Ireland

BallaBee

« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2019, 02:15:56 PM »
Raymond, I have the original of that photograph. My father is in it sitting next to John, 2nd from left at the front. He always spoke very highly of your dad.
Your father allowed him time off when my mother was ill, and never deducted a penny from his wages. (they don't come like that anymore )
I was the last production manager in the  Eliza Street Bakery and knew John when he was in McWatter's.  (John was a real "gentleman" )
My Brother worked with you when you were both there as mechanics.
                                                                                    All the best, Dub.

Thank you for that Dub.. Not sure why I can't see the photograph.

Dub

« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
Hi Balla Bee, Unfortunately all the photos that were a transfer by some of the photo album sites were removed by them.    These included photo bucket and tinypics
                                                                                                                                                                                 All the best,Dub.
If you don't read the papers you are not informed.
If you do read the papers you are misinformed.( Mark Twain.)

JohnKelly

« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2019, 07:42:50 AM »
Yes, I do remember Inglis Bakery, we lived in a rural area near Newtownards and as I recall they called once a week.

I remember the van had several trays and contained the bread and buns/cakes.

Cheers.