Author Topic: DOREEN FEE  (Read 11012 times)

the wee man from the nic

Re: DOREEN FEE
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 01:03:18 AM »
i knew arty fee he delivered papers to our house in argyle st every suday morning .rain .hail or shine .he also played football for nixonville stars .he loved football also he had a aunt called mc allister who lived in argyle st directly facing are house . arty had a brother called marty who went to germany to live,if it is any help i will ask my mum the mara as she is 91 yrs old and has a great memory

IanSmith

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
Sorry Christopher but Urney St is the next St to wilton St which is directly opposite Berlin St quite a bit away from the Woodvale, Matlock St was in the Old Lodge Rd area again quite a bit away from Woodvale and Urney St. Urney St was known locally as handcart avenue the area around here was known as the nick.

Harry, I thought the Nick was the middle Road area from Northumberland St upwards? Is that right and how far up did it stretch (Lawnbrook Avenue maybe)?

harrydunn

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »
The "NICK" as i know it is the area between Conway St and Wilton St,
Shankill Rd and Cupar St.

IanSmith

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »

Many thanks.

mrs mourinho

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »

i did,nt no i lived in the NICK does it go as far as cupar street. . :)
always look on the bright side of life

luvitol

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
When we lived in Alliance Parade right after the war, we had a neighbour named Eva Fee. Didn't know her dad by any other name than DA Fee.

tammy beckett

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
my mother is lily fee,lived at 130 urney street..daughter of arthur and lizzie fee...with 4 brothers and a sister eileen who was reared by her uncle john

justjames47

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »
hi im jim mclaughlin 134 urney street bobby and sadie were my parents, remember us? ::)

Silverstream

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »
I went to Everton school between 61 & 64 and a Doreen Fee was in my class, in fact I took her out on a few occasions, obviously didn't work out, but she lived on the Woodvale Rd near the Co-op, that's all I really know about her.
Silverstream