Author Topic: Any exiles from East Belfast?  (Read 153264 times)

larsson195

Re: Any exiles from East Belfast?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »
ilived  on the falls rd  servia st

Chicago

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 06:09:59 AM »
Know as Jeanette Cameron when I lived in 121 Church Street East, before moving to Tullycarnet, then on to Canada and the USA.

-Jen :yes:

We must all hang together, else we shall all hang separately....BENJAMIN FRANKELIN

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »
I went to elmgrove school before serving my apprentice ship in the Yard.Then immigrated to the States in1958.
Would love to hear from anyone from the Beersbridge Road area.
Jaunty.

Strath_Roy

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
I went to elmgrove school before serving my apprentice ship in the Yard.Then immigrated to the States in1958.
Jaunty.

I served my apprenticeship in the yard (patternmaker) Went to Park Parade. Night school Euston St. Emmigrated in 1958
The world suffers a lot.
Not because of bad people.
But because of the silence of good people.
Napoleon

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
Jaunty.

To IRISHAL, I received your email and it brought back memories of having teachers like Scott and Harison.I didn't appreciate just how good they were until I had to make a living.My name is Jim Johnston and I lived in Grove Street East.I left Elmgrove in 1951.I'm not sure but I think I remember some one called Lorimer at that time
Jaunty

IRISHAL

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
WHEREABOUTS IN THE STATES ARE YOU IM IN SO.CALIF'

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 06:54:02 PM »
WHEREABOUTS IN THE STATES ARE YOU IM IN SO.CALIF'
I currently live in Rochester Michigan but spend the winters in Florida.I'm very familiar with California as that is were I immigrated to before enlisting in the US Air Force.I spent a few years in Sacramento then went to the Far East and finished up near San Bernadino  Both my son and daughter are Californians  but there work keeps them in Michigan.When I was working I made a lot of trips to the L A area and liked it very much. Since you are from the old neighbor hood do you remember Bills Milk Bar at the top of Aveniel Road?
We loved having pie and beans there on the way home from a dance.
Good to hear from you.
Jaunty.

IRISHAL

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
YES JAUNTY THAT SHOP WAS NEAR THE ELIM CHURCH. DO YOU REMEMBER BOWLES CHIPPER AND HARPERS SHOP FACING TEMPLEMORE ST.WHO WERE SOME OF YOUR SCHOOLMATES.IKNEW BOBBY ERVINE HE PLAYED FOR DUNDELA AND THEN WENT TO THE BLUES.HE WON AN IRISH CUP MEDAL WHEN DUNDELA BEAT GLENAVON IN 1955.

Bloomfieldgirl

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »
I lived in Elmdale Street and went to Avoniel Primary.  I had friends who went to Elmgrove.

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
YES JAUNTY THAT SHOP WAS NEAR THE ELIM CHURCH. DO YOU REMEMBER BOWLES CHIPPER AND HARPERS SHOP FACING TEMPLEMORE ST.WHO WERE SOME OF YOUR SCHOOLMATES.IKNEW BOBBY ERVINE HE PLAYED FOR DUNDELA AND THEN WENT TO THE BLUES.HE WON AN IRISH CUP MEDAL WHEN DUNDELA BEAT GLENAVON IN 1955.

Yes I remember Bowles Chipper and the Elim Church and of course Bills School where the Pipe Band practiced.I also remember Bobby Irvine I think he went to the States ? My school mates came from the immediate araea of the school.
Geordie Car Raymond Grey Bobby Rainey Billy Rooney Teddy Daffin,to name a few.

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
I lived in Elmdale Street and went to Avoniel Primary.  I had friends who went to Elmgrove.

Where do you live now? I played football at Avoniel School

IRISHAL

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
HI JAUNTY. DONT RECALL ANY OF THOSE GUYS. BOBBY ERVINE DID COME TO THE STATES WE PLAYED ON THE SAME TEAM HERE ALONG WITH DEREK LAWTHER AND TOMMY WAUGH REMEMBER THE WEE SCOUT HALL AT STEENS ROW. ALL THE BEST.

wb54

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:13 AM »
hi you exiles ,i was born in frankfort st 1954 then moved to apetta pde and left for shrewsbury england 1974. still get home afew times a year. if anyone wants you can look up google maps for ireland . its like you are there and atleast its dry.

ali-cat

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2009, 09:18:01 AM »
I grew up in the Knock/Ormiston area & wondered if there is anyone out there from the same area??!!

Although we are only in France now, we rarely go back to Belfast due the lack of direct flights & the fact that I won't put the cats in a cattery again!!  I'm a big softie!!  :yes:
A slight inclination of the cranium is as adequate as a spasmodic movement of one optic towards an equine devoid of visionary capacity.

Epona

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
I was born in Castlereagh, but I left Belfast when I was four, so I don't remember much of my life in Belfast.  I remember a little, but not a lot!
Good friends are always together in spirit.
Lucy Maud Montgomery