Author Topic: Any exiles from East Belfast?  (Read 200137 times)

Irishizz

Re: Any exiles from East Belfast?
« Reply #675 on: November 08, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »

Hi Desi:
Its been a while since I was on here.  my computer crashed and I lost all kinds of important stuff.
Since you had been in touch with Elizabeth G I thought I would report the sad news that she passed away on March 1st this year from Cancer.  Miss her greatly.  We came to the US together in 1967 and have always stayed close.
Iris

Irishizz - Iris finally you found us - Welcome to Belfast Forum - I have been communicating with your friend Elizabeth G.  After being in touch with
her - she mentioned you both going to CA years ago. Also mentioned you both to my friend Eric Close. Yes his sister is Vi. and after he mentioned you to her she said "Iris Hawthorne was a great friend in our teens"  Vi lives in Bangor and is a grandmother now.  Also I recall your brother Alec or is that Alex(?) his buddy was also Alex(?) Watty up the street near Strand Church.  I always mixed them up. As Betty and no doubt Elizabeth have told you there is a thread on Sydenham that you might see some friends from there. Two who have recently joined - NORM60 from  Devon Pde. who turns out is my sister Pat's (who lives in Carson City NV) goddaughter and VCDW who comes from Connsbrook Dr. They are both a little younger than you, but you may know them or their families.  You should post on the Ashfield thread. You will also no doubt come across some classmates , not all from Sydenham but probably other parts of East Belfast. Again welcome aboard.

DMW

« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2017, 04:44:25 AM »
Irishizz - Hi Iris - Thank you for letting me know about Elizabeth - I'll pass the information on to Eric and ask him to tell Vi.  So sad that many of our messages these days seem to report of someone's passing. Des.

scotland

« Reply #677 on: December 07, 2017, 01:57:26 AM »
TO ALLTHE FOLKS IN EAST BELFAST MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A  HAPPY PEACEFUL NEW NEW YEAR CHEERS M 😀😀

Irishizz

« Reply #678 on: December 07, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
Thank you and same returns back to you. Miss my home greatly especially this time of year but like many others have kids and grands here so I would miss them if went home.
Right now we are in the middle of some terrible fires in So California.  Keep all our fire fighters and first responders in your thoughts.

DMW

« Reply #679 on: December 07, 2017, 05:05:29 PM »
Irishizz  -  I hope you and your family are all safe and well =  Safe thoughts for all the first responders, Also Best Wishes to you and your family, for Christmas and the New Year.   des.

scotland

« Reply #680 on: December 09, 2017, 02:01:17 AM »
Hi  Irishhizz Greetings from Scotland  My thoughts and prayers are with you  and the folks in South California the people on the front line of the fires are angels  God Bless you all my heart goes out to you M 😢😢😢

Irishizz

« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for our fire situation in So California.  Kinda hard to get into the Christmas Spirit with all this and so many families with their homes destroyed.  Thankfully my home and family are safe.

Elizabeth Gardener (also from Sydenham) passed away in Los Angeles March 1st this year.  Her eldest son is here from Washington State battling our fires stretching almost 300 miles from San Diego north to Santa Barbara and close to 28,000 acres burned.   :'(

DMW

« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
Irishizz/Iris - Good to know you and your family are safe. des.

scotland

« Reply #683 on: January 20, 2018, 12:45:47 AM »
To all friends from East Belfast I am signing off for a while will be back as and when possible.I wish you all love peace and contentment Take care of each other Best Wishes M ☺☺

DMW

« Reply #684 on: January 20, 2018, 09:55:08 PM »
Scotland - Hope to see you back on soon.  Take care.   

richard mccann

« Reply #685 on: January 22, 2018, 02:44:15 AM »
hi desi - could you please send us a few snowballs the temperature is going to be 42degs celsius here in south oz at the weekend, hate it, no good for man nor beast. rmc

DMW

« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
Richard McCann - Quit yer gloating. :)

richard mccann

« Reply #687 on: January 24, 2018, 01:51:18 AM »
desi -I was not gloating if you ever get the chance to experience 42degs celsius pass it up. I walk my dog every day at 6 30 in the morning when it is cool . I was wondering when the temperature gets below zero  in Canada do you go outdoors?What happens when you meet a bear?The best seasons in oz are spring and autumn. all the best desi /rmc

DMW

« Reply #688 on: January 25, 2018, 03:44:43 AM »
Richard McCann - Ok I thought you were  extracting the Michael - we do sometimes in parts, of Canada, reach 40 plus degrees, but not where I live.  As for the winter temperatures - we had a "warm" minus 2 celsius to-day. Normally about minus 10c at this time of year. As for meeting Bears - how many Kangaroos do you meet when you go out for a walk in the city ?  I know the seasons are reversed north/south. _ Temperatures below Zero are normal in the winter - you learn to live with it, however when there a freezing wind the temps can feel as low as 20 to 30 degree below zero. You don't want to go outside then.   cheers - g'day des.

richard mccann

« Reply #689 on: January 27, 2018, 04:06:47 AM »
desi - I live  in a town about 20 mile from the city of Adelaide there are about 30,000 inhabitants the town is called Elizabeth .  I will tell you a true story ,about 2 yrs ago I was walking with my two grandsons along with my dog who was off the lead.   There is a lot of scrubland   where we live I was the first to spot the roo , it looked like it had been lifting weights a  massive animal We were lucky the dog didnt spot him or could all have been in trouble. The first thing I did was put the dog back on the leash and make the kids walk behind me . The roo just looked at us and then hopped away . The second thing I did was change my underpants when we got back home. I used to see a lot of brown snakes but not so much now as the area has been well settled you steer well clear of them [censored].all the best desi /rmc

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy