Author Topic: Any exiles from East Belfast?  (Read 151789 times)

cyndyjones

Re: Any exiles from East Belfast?
« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »
I am an exile from East Belfast. I was born in Ravenscroft Avenue and my family moved to Gilnahirk.  I went to Grosvenor and  stayed in Belfast until I finished my degree (1979) and then went to study at a college of music in London. Now living in Canada. Mum is still in East Belfast but none of my siblings are.

urneygirl

« Reply #706 on: January 06, 2019, 04:24:39 PM »
HI cyndy, Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure it won't take you long finding your way around  the Threads.  What part of Canada do you live ? I live in Ajax Ontario, my husband & I immigrated in 1967 after we got married. Enjoy your browsing.

Skythetwo

« Reply #707 on: Yesterday at 05:01:20 PM »
Does the Ravenhill Road count ?, I lived there once upon a time. I'm near London(U.K.) now,retired, with family in
Markham/Toronto. I watched some 'slow' TV recently featuring the Rideau Canal which runs from Kingston to Ottawa, the scenery was breathtaking.

jackiehillis

« Reply #708 on: Yesterday at 08:10:28 PM »
                                                                                                      Ravenhill Road 1980

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

mcd

« Reply #709 on: Today at 12:04:43 AM »
Does the Ravenhill Road count ?, I lived there once upon a time. I'm near London(U.K.) now,retired, with family in
Markham/Toronto. I watched some 'slow' TV recently featuring the Rideau Canal which runs from Kingston to Ottawa, the scenery was breathtaking.

. Hubby was from Glentoran St .
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

jackiehillis

« Reply #710 on: Today at 12:11:01 AM »

Glentoran Street 1980 for Morris, Jean.

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

mcd

« Reply #711 on: Today at 12:24:37 AM »
Thanks Jackie , Itís long gone now .
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Bigali

« Reply #712 on: Today at 07:35:34 AM »
I am an exile from East Belfast. I was born in Ravenscroft Avenue and my family moved to Gilnahirk.  I went to Grosvenor and  stayed in Belfast until I finished my degree (1979) and then went to study at a college of music in London. Now living in Canada. Mum is still in East Belfast but none of my siblings are.

Wonder if you went to the same college of music in London as my sister which would have been around the same time ?
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Bigali

« Reply #713 on: Today at 07:40:48 AM »
                                                                                                      Ravenhill Road 1980

OMG ! An orange Austin Allegro, worst car ever , my Dad had a mustard coloured one with a square steering wheel and honeycomb grille , I still remember the registration, KIA 4070  :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .