Author Topic: Any exiles from East Belfast?  (Read 156974 times)

alex9467

Re: Any exiles from East Belfast?
« Reply #720 on: May 06, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »
Yes I know quite a few of the faces in the picture, wonder where I was when it was took! Yip, all my old school pals and playmates. Thank you for the photo.

jackiehillis

« Reply #721 on: May 06, 2019, 05:35:59 PM »
Yes I know quite a few of the faces in the picture, wonder where I was when it was took! Yip, all my old school pals and playmates. Thank you for the photo.
                                            Alex. I'm from Josephine Street. 3 doors up from Foundry.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

jackiehillis

« Reply #722 on: May 07, 2019, 12:01:25 AM »

m                                                                                                        Memel Street Arch 1962

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

scotland

« Reply #723 on: May 13, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Hi Alex my brother in law Robert Boucher came from Memel St sadly passed away some time ago if memory serves me right he had a brother can't for the life of me remember his name he had 2 little daughters just a thought popped into my head the name Stanley seems to ring a bell  Cheers M

richard mccann

« Reply #724 on: May 20, 2019, 05:20:33 AM »
macadoo - You  mentioned that your dad came from Avon Street. i will mention a few names from Avon St. Wee Tommy Burns , Lupar Mc Cann ,Derek Dougan,Billy Aitkin,Jimmy Watton, and wee Danny Mournin. i am going back 60 yrs maybe its too long ago?  I have been in Australia for 58 yrs. I lived in Harkness Pde off Mersey St. Best part of  Ballymacarett.cheers rmc

macadoo

« Reply #725 on: June 03, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
Richard McCann- we left Belfast for Toronto in 1954 where we stayed for 6 years and eventually settling in USA. Last name McQueen. My wife and I returned to Belfast for 4 years in the mid 80s and then back to USA since. Dad and all his brother;s as well as his dad were all shipyard men.

scotland

« Reply #726 on: July 29, 2019, 01:15:04 AM »
Macadoo greetings from Scotland  love your story about emigrating I would have been 9 when you first left Belfast my great g/father and grandfather worked in the shipyard building the titanic I was brought up in Methuen st until the age of 5 so have very fond memories of returning there to visit the family Cheers M☺☺

macadoo

« Reply #727 on: July 29, 2019, 01:21:44 PM »
Thanks 'Scotland'. Both my grandas were in H&W as well. My da's da moved the family over from Partick to get work in the yard. I have my da's indenture papers still. He signed on in 1936. Da's family lived in Avon st.