Author Topic: Black Cat Cola  (Read 3125 times)

Stan P

Re: Black Cat Cola
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »
Who remembers Cavan Cola ? Produced by Cavan Mineral Water Ltd,
It was introduced in 1958 and was sold in shops around Cavan,Monaghan,Sligo,Leitrim
Louth and Meath, I don't think it ever made it across the border.

Bigali

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 11:20:38 PM »
Who remembers Cavan Cola ? Produced by Cavan Mineral Water Ltd,
It was introduced in 1958 and was sold in shops around Cavan,Monaghan,Sligo,Leitrim
Louth and Meath, I don't think it ever made it across the border.

Was that a bit like the Tayto crisps north and south thing ? I am a big fan of the NI Tayto crisps but I will admit that any time Iím passing through Dublin Airport Iíll buy a six pack of ROI Tayto smoky bacon , theyíre delicious.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Stan P

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 12:31:13 AM »
Was that a bit like the Tayto crisps north and south thing ? I am a big fan of the NI Tayto crisps but I will admit that any time Iím passing through Dublin Airport Iíll buy a six pack of ROI Tayto smoky bacon , theyíre delicious.

Lol not sure of the politics on this,it wasn't that they'd have far to travel,it faded out
some time in the early 90s I think, hard to compete with Coke and Pepsi.

brixmis

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
Is that the same Spar opposite Ladas Drive Police base that does the great take out breakfasts ?  :nyam:
If you were getting fed at "Ladas Drive Police base" (Castlereagh) you wouldn't be going anywhere else for food!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Bigali

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
If you were getting fed at "Ladas Drive Police base" (Castlereagh) you wouldn't be going anywhere else for food!

:D

Nah your thinking of the Holding Centre at Castlereagh Station , the Ladas Drive base was a Police training base .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .