Author Topic: Archaeology  (Read 699 times)

Christopher

Archaeology
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:26:52 AM »
You don't have to be a graduate with a degree in archaeology to have an interest in this subject. Amateurs can join in and many have been able to assist the professionals. It may help to join a group such as the Belfast Naturalists` Field Club. This club has a lot to offer amateurs and professionals who have an interest in the natural sciences, the built environment and their histories. The Club caters for people interested in Archaeology, Botany, Geology and Zoology and is open to all members. The club's activities cover the whole of Northern Ireland, not just Belfast and its environs. Why not contact the club and find out about the introductory courses and workshops that they run on such items as archaeology, plant identification, lichens, mosses, economic botany, fossils, rocks, minerals, etc. If you become a member you can also participate in the club's regular excursions and lectures.

blondie22

Re: Archaeology
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
im into archaeology, just got a few fossils myself, anyone else on here into archaeology. ;)

Archie-ology

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »
Yes Blondie22, I got interested in Archaeology after finding a worked flint in a field. Started doing a bit of research into it and  have been hooked ever since. Tend to stick with local stuff as it is more interesting being related to our past history here in Northern Ireland.  ::)

MaryR

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »
I like walking and when I walk though the nature.
I always keep eyes on stones. Some of my walk friends found some precious stones and fossils when walking. Hope one day I can find one.
That's all in my life about Archaeology.   :P

blondie22

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »
thats good , i have a few pentremites and an ammonite embedded into a tile, my cousin gave me it he also has a good range of fossils, far better than mine,  so what has everyone else found while out, i havent really found anything yet but hoping to go for a fossil hunt somewhere, if anyone can post pics of what they found that would be good, i will try and post a pic of my fossils, does anyone know of any good fossil hunting spots. :)

telescopenut

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
When I look in the mirror in the morning I think I am the oldest fossil around.Seriously, Where are these people, how do you contact them?
Semper in excretum, but I am a good swimmer

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »
When I look in the mirror in the morning I think I am the oldest fossil around.Seriously, Where are these people, how do you contact them?

Here's the link containing the contact details ... www.habitas.org.uk/bnfc/about.html