Author Topic: Ulster Volunteer Force  (Read 5953 times)

acheux_rifleman

Ulster Volunteer Force
« on: December 18, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
Hi there.

I am looking for original, circa 1912-1918 badges and buttons, medal, armbands, photographs and  postcards, or indeed any other memorabilia to the Ulster Volunteer Force, the Young Citizens Volunteers of Ireland, or the 36th (Ulster) Division.

These are sought for an ongoing project of rememberance of local men who fought in the Great War.

Items from this period only please, such as those posted below.

If you have anything at all, please get in contact. I will be working in conjunction with the Thiepval Memorial Project on the Somme - they already have someone sourcing items from both the 10th and 16th (Irish) Divisions.

If you do not want to get into open discussion on items you may have or prices of anything you may consider for sale, please just use the 'private message' facility.

I am particularly interested in South Belfast men, as both my Great Grandfathers served with this Regiment.

Many thanks.

Acheux.

mc1

Re: Ulster Volunteer Force
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:28:42 PM »
i have just sent you a pm with links that may be useful for you.

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »
Hiya Acheux,

My sister in Brighton found a Victory Medal when she was out for a walk. She sent it to me. The medal was struck in bronze. On the obverse is a full-length figure of Victory. On the reverse is the inscription "The Great War for Civilisation 1914 - 1919". There is no clasp, but a ting attachment through which the ribbon is passed. The official description of the colour of the ribbon is "two rainbows with red in the centre". An oak-leaf emblem was sanctioned for those who were mentioned in despatches. 5,725,000 Victory Medals were issued.

Chris.

artibell

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »