Author Topic: Valente Family  (Read 9523 times)

teragram

Re: Valente Family
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »
Does anyone know Raymond Docherty who was the grandson of Annie Valente?
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

tinab

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 05:26:47 AM »
Hi Teragram

Raymond is my dad's cousin.  His mum Madeline and my grandfather Dominic were brother and sister.  We have a few photos of Raymond in his early teenage years with my dad. 

tinab

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 05:33:42 AM »
Hi Just Sixty
My dad Paul (Kieran's older brother) went to St Gabriels as well   . I will ask Aunty Jacqueline if she is interested   I am doing the Valente side so for her it would be awesomr to have that inforamtion.  I would love to have some for my records as well.  Please feel free to email me at: [email protected]
Kindest Regards
Tina

teragram

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
Hi Teragram

Raymond is my dad's cousin.  His mum Madeline and my grandfather Dominic were brother and sister.  We have a few photos of Raymond in his early teenage years with my dad. 

Hello tinhab, thanks for the info.  What is he up to these days?  He worked in Fraziers in Castle St for about two hundred years.  Any chance you could post a couple of photos please, preferably with a bit of background in them, like a house or street? I lived in Quadrant St, same as him.

tinab

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »
Hi Teragram
I am not too sure what he is up to   I have tried to contact him to see if he has nay information on our family history as his mum and my grandfather were brother and sister.  My Aunt mentioned a few years ago that he is still in the same area.  I do not have many photos only about two with my dad when they where about 13-15.
Regards
Tina

spot

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
Does anyone know Raymond Docherty who was the grandson of Annie Valente?

teragram raymond now lives in lenadoon i see him now and again walking a dog on the suffolk road
Spot

teragram

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »
Spot, the next time you see him mention my name and see if he remembers me.

Emma G

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
Hi. I have spoken to you on another forum but just to refresh-My great-grandfather was Silvestro Valente that lived in Belfast with his Scottish wife Jean and their children. I have been trying for some time to see if there is any link between Silvestro Valente and Domenico Valente. I have, for the moment, hit a brick wall on finding more information. I do know he arrived in Belfast, already married, from Scotland around 1905 (I think but not certain) and lived and worked in Castlereagh Rd. If you have any other info that could link them let me know.

Regards Emma.

Emma G

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »
Thanks Bob. Those links are useful. As far as I know he did not arrive with any friends or any other relations but I can never be entirely certain. I'll look at all the results of the census and see if I can see any links there.

Regards, Emma.  :smile:

bobdenn

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »

Emma,

Don't forget when you check the census page that I sent you, to press on the "show all information" button.

On the second link that I posted above, it shows that Domenico and Giacirrto are brothers, RC and both are married.

And although both are musicians neither can read!

:smile:

Emma G

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
So I noticed... I don't think any are related to Silvestro. He did live and work on Castlereagh Rd but later moved to Harcourt St, Dublin. I also saw that all other Valentes apart from Silvestro, according to the 1911 Census, were born in Belfast, but I they were all a lot younger than him too.

Emma.

tinab

DJHaughey

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »
Hello all,

I know this is kind of an old thread but I just found this when I searched for "Valente Belfast."  I joined the forum immediately!  LOL

I'm a direct descendant.  The Lovely couple that owned the chip shops were my Great Grandparents.  My mother practically grew up in the shop.  My Mother's Mother, Madeline Valente, married Dan Doherty and my mother's maiden name is Doherty.

I was born and Raised in Connecticut but,  I still have loads of relatives in Belfast.

I'd be very interested in continuing in this thread.  My mom is still alive and well and I could ask her more about things if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Danny Haughey

Emma G

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
Hi Tina and Danny,

Guess I haven't been on this for a good while, but I'd be very interested in whatever info you have found and see if it links up at all,

Emma.