Author Topic: Soldiers Shot Dead  (Read 8934 times)

Ballymurphygirl

Re: Soldiers Shot Dead
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
There is no reason why the thread should go down a the route of who does were ,when unless of course thats what some on this forum are waiting for  ::)

My condolences are for the family,s of the people killed and wounded ,god forbid that the old days come back for all the people

The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

charles w

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:47:43 PM »
My condolences are for the family's of the people killed and wounded.  God forbid that the old days come back for all of the people

Well said, Ballymurphygirl

I wish to convey my condolences to the to people who were murdered and wounded.

It would have been better if the topic had have been for condolences for the two persons who were murdered and the posters adhere to that.  Although this type of incident in happening now, getting into to the political quagmire, will serve no function whatsoever and do the Forum irreparable damage.  If you don't believe me, just wait and see. ::)

Gagain

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
Totally agree Charles...I would ask that the moderators keep an eye on this thread and delete any  stirring posts without comment.

EllCee

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »
An open statement to Christopher.  Here were have a topic which is intended to stir up old wounds  and to walk back into the past.  This topic, like the topic on  photographs from the troubles, must be removed in the name of neutrality and common sense. 

Why are you making statements to Christopher?

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

billyliam

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
Another sad day in the history of the North of Ireland / Northern ireland , what ever you want to call it , and now the blame game starts all over again ,
Two poor young lads are dead and another two injured . Why don't we just think of their Families and what they're are going through today  ( God help them ) and send our prayers and condolencels .

EllCee

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »
"but the silence is deafening on loyalist arms"

Are loyalists involved in this incident?  If so, then they must be tracked down and dealt with through the courts.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

charles w

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »
See what I mean!  It just gets more ridiculous.   ???

Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
Why are you making statements to Christopher?

See my last post on this thread.
Hate the sin, but love the sinner

glenb

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »
Boatman, I'm one of the more liberal people on this board, and while I don't agree with Charles on sin binning topics I do have an objection to your comments but I'm fine with you stating them. First of all as soon as Orde said about bringing in Secret Service types to monitor the dissidents, I immediately said "oh no" he fell for it, there's noting more that those no ops want than more british personnel montioring and in fact on the streets it fits their agendas. With the majority of the major combatants off the street and disarmed Orde basically made a statement that he can't handle it, I can't believe the faux pas. With regards to PIRA weapons and training, the PIRA have disarmed and made that statement, other paramilitaries haven't , in fact they said they had no intention of doing so after PIRA disarmed, and are now being asked to do so by the British Government for ages with commments like 'it's still under review" etc, more meetings etc. The dissidents have been caught in east europe, the USA, England etc acquiring guns, who knows where the guns came from, drug dealers and others were caught buying and selling guns to loyalists and republicans. It's not important where the guns came from, what's important is people don't react and give this fools any cause or mandate to wreak havoc and murder people

glenb

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »
And I agree, condolences to the people murdered and injured, my mother lives less than 10 minutes away from where this happened, I'm sure she uses the Pizza place when its identified, and hopefully and selfishly I hope the civilians injured aren't friends we don't know yet

Christopher

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »
An open statement to Christopher.  Here were have a topic which is intended to stir up old wounds  and to walk back into the past.  This topic, like the topic on  photographs from the troubles, must be removed in the name of neutrality and common sense. 

Sorry Charles ...

Raise the matter with HBM who started this thread.

I'll accept responsibility for the 11.00pm News Headlines thread www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,18697.0.html

Christopher

Charles this is not walking back into the past this is happening now and can and must be talked about.
I have posted strong opinions in the past defending my side of the fence but those opinions have always been backed up by facts.
No matter what Mr Adams and McGuinness have done in the past, they are no longer using the bomb and the bullet to get their points across.
They have condemned dissident Republicans for their actions.
There are still loads of weapons in the provence and down south, I'm sure there's a load of INLA gear about that people can get their hands on.
Mr Adams and his party have been elected to represent his people and watching news items and reading papers recently they are more into dealing with Education and other local issues.
Maybe every time someone fires a weapon people should stop making allegations until the Police or security services come up with evidence of who is responsible.
Lets hope the perpetrators are caught soon.

You're quite right Hendy. This Forum needs threads relating to what is happening at the moment. If they were to be deleted it would be censorship of Free Speech. Current events should be discussed openly ... why whitewash them as has happened with a number of events that occurred in the past?

Condolences to the families of those who died in last night's incident. I hope the injured people make a repid recovery. 

glebb ... don't forget about the recent three hundred pounder which was abandonded in Castlewellen. As far as I'm aware the PSNI don't have a team of guys trained to dismantle bombs so army personnel are still required in Northern Ireland. I feel that Sir Hugh Orde made the right call. 

charles w

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »
By all means bring up topics that are relevent to the present time and in your own words you think that some people, do not like to be reminded of the troubles.  In my own case I do not like people talking politics in fact I have two main dislikes in life - secondly politics and first, people who talk politics.

Yes, Christopher, you are the administrator and it is your responsibility to run a neutral Forum - not the posters.  I have no case to take up with anyone on the Forum.  Sadly, Christopher your failour to do so has let to a loss of some members to the Forum and now, that includes me.

Belfast Dave

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »
Charles, you have got the wrong man! Chris is the Administrator, not Christopher  
Family Names: Wright, Bowden, Dickson, McIlveen, Pollock

EllCee

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
Yes, Christopher, you are the administrator and it is your responsibility to run a neutral Forum - not the posters.  I have no case to take up with anyone on the Forum.  Sadly, Christopher your failour to do so has let to a loss of some members to the Forum and now, that includes me.

Get your facts right Charles. 

Christopher is NOT the administrator.

Christopher

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »
By all means bring up topics that are relevent to the present time and in your own words you think that some people, do not like to be reminded of the troubles.  In my own case I do not like people talking politics in fact I have two main dislikes in life - secondly politics and first, people who talk politics.

Me? Administrator? Charles, please get your facts right. The Administrator of this Forum is a guy named Chris.

If you're a good Googler you should be able to find him and you'll discover he and I have different surnames.

Christopher

Get your facts right Charles. 

Christopher is NOT the administrator.

Should I have a personal thread to tell people more about myself ???

Some people aren't too hot at doing research and appear to be quite happy to post incorrect information.

By the way  ... my computer consultant is also called Chris ... he's not me nor is he the Administrator of this Forum .