Author Topic: Belfast and the way it's promoted  (Read 270 times)

Christopher

Belfast and the way it's promoted
« on: March 14, 2009, 03:36:10 AM »
The upcoming events section of www.belfast.net offers anyone wanting to know what's on in the city a blank page and a search engine so that the visitor to the site can find "something in particular", I ask you ... if you a visitor to the city and happen to use that site what use is it? You don't know the names of any of the places to eat, the pubs or the venues where you're likely to find some entertainment. I gave the search facility a test run to see if I could discover what is going on in the world of entertainment in Belfast by entering the word Music It's not exactly an up to date site unless September, October, November and December 2000 are due to come around  again at some stage.

I don't believe it   there's a search engine to find accommodation ... now if the Events section of the site is over eight and a half years out of date what on earth will an accommodation search reveal? Is the B & B that you select likely to be in business toda? Well I found accommodation although the prices quoted may be out of date.

Forget about the News and Gossip, etc on the site unless you want to know what was happening in the earlier years of the twenty first century.