Author Topic: Drinking and the Law  (Read 1370 times)

Christopher

Drinking and the Law
« on: March 24, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
When Can You Not Get a Drink in Ireland? http://goireland.about.com/od/safetyinireland/qt/alcohol_law.htm This tends to include Belfast

Generally alcohol will not be on sale before mass ends on Sunday. On all other days you should have no problems getting cans or bottles from off-licenses between early morning and late at night. Pubs open near noon and close around midnight, clubs and bars may stay open longer. There are only two days when you will be hard pressed to get any drink - Good Friday and Christmas Day.

Did you know drinkers in Northern Ireland have more time to finish their pints than those in Scotland ??? Or that it's illegal to try and buy alcohol for someone who is drunk? www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking/responsibledrinking/drinkingandthelaw That's strange ... I've seen publicans serving drink to drunk people. They have to be very drunk before they stop serving them.

Veronica

Re: Drinking and the Law
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:57:26 AM »
When Can You Not Get a Drink in Ireland? http://goireland.about.com/od/safetyinireland/qt/alcohol_law.htm This tends to include Belfast

Generally alcohol will not be on sale before mass ends on Sunday. On all other days you should have no problems getting cans or bottles from off-licenses between early morning and late at night. Pubs open near noon and close around midnight, clubs and bars may stay open longer. There are only two days when you will be hard pressed to get any drink - Good Friday and Christmas Day.

Did you know drinkers in Northern Ireland have more time to finish their pints than those in Scotland ??? Or that it's illegal to try and buy alcohol for someone who is drunk? www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drinking/responsibledrinking/drinkingandthelaw That's strange ... I've seen publicans serving drink to drunk people. They have to be very drunk before they stop serving them.

LOL...In Georgia...you cant buy alcohol on Sundays...on Saturday night...they dont (usually) sell alcohol after midnight (cuz that would be Sunday)  :D ...some counties dont sell alcohol at all, and some only sell it if it is a restaurant( beer and wine only)  :D
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetari

22may

Re: Drinking and the Law
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:39:57 AM »
NOT  SO TRUE  THAT U HAVE TO WAIT TILL AFTER MASS ...THESE  TIMES VARY AND THERE IS NIGHT MASS IN MOST PARISHES  USUALLY AT  7pm.   i ask you   GOOD  FRIDAY HAS  A VARIATION OF  HOURS  TO OPEN  BUT I THINK ITS  6 HOURS