Author Topic: James Mackie & Sons  (Read 1045632 times)

afraser

Re: James Mackie & Sons
« Reply #6135 on: February 29, 2016, 07:07:15 PM »

removed a few blemishes and tidied a little

David Baxter & Micheal Cunningham at Wallenhorst our house.

W432

« Reply #6136 on: February 29, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »

Hi Alec, Didn't expect to see that one coming along. Any news of Sammy?

W432

« Reply #6137 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »

W432

« Reply #6138 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »
Hi George its good to hear from you, I have a few photos about which I hope to post to see if you can recognise a few lads. I have heard your out of the country, so a meet would not be possible, but never mind things might change. Alex.
Likewise Alec, its been a long time since we parted company. I have lived here in England since 1971. Would be good to meet you sometime but no plans to visit N.I. any time soon. Cheers.

afraser

« Reply #6139 on: February 29, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »
Likewise Alec, its been a long time since we parted company. I have lived here in England since 1971. Would be good to meet you sometime but no plans to visit N.I. any time soon. Cheers.

A well not to worry we'll manage something sometime, We use the motorhome twice a year throughout England. This year its May and July then a month down south Devon & Cornwall Sept-Oct.

We have went to Germany for the last 6 years but decided this year to be home based for a while.

Speak soon. I don't know if we are allowed to pass email addresses or mobile details over the forum? Let me know pls

Sammy is fine and living in Belfast.  The last time I seen him was a few years ago while at Albertbridge Congregational Church which he attends. :)

W432

« Reply #6140 on: February 29, 2016, 10:37:14 PM »
A well not to worry we'll manage something sometime, We use the motorhome twice a year throughout England. This year its May and July then a month down south Devon & Cornwall Sept-Oct.

We have went to Germany for the last 6 years but decided this year to be home based for a while.

Speak soon. I don't know if we are allowed to pass email addresses or mobile details over the forum? Let me know pls

Sammy is fine and living in Belfast.  The last time I seen him was a few years ago while at Albertbridge Congregational Church which he attends. :)
Thanks for update on Sammy. Would limit personal details to others on a need to know basis only. I will send you my email address via a personal message. Just click on My Messages.

scotland

« Reply #6141 on: March 07, 2016, 01:52:59 AM »
Hi  Scotland here loved your post about the ferry from Stranraer to Belfast when crossing from Belfast to Stranraer in 1980  the ferry was packed to the gills with the TA even though I was in my mid 30s the ribbing I got was dreadful (but secretly loved it ) sadly no ferries leave from Stranraer  anymore  P&O leave from their usual place at Cairnryan Stena moved further up Loch Ryan past P&O to save fuel the traitors  it makes it more difficult for passengers using the train thanks for the memories oh to be in my 30s again Cheers M

scotland

« Reply #6142 on: March 07, 2016, 01:55:32 AM »
Sorry previous post is for Lilian Ashe

Deetsy

« Reply #6143 on: March 11, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »
Yes indeed, my late Father although a Design Draughtsman at Harland & Wolff, was a friend of Tommy`s. He lived just around the corner from us, on the main Springfield Road. I think he had a couple of Sons who also worked at Mackies. A Gentleman indeed.

Sorry to hear about Tommy Kelly.Derek and Nigel were his two sons.Both were sparks(NC Maintenance). Derek was my boss.Very good to me

JackM

« Reply #6144 on: March 14, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »

James Mackie Jnr. 1864 - 1943. The man who built an Empire.
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

jack3216

« Reply #6145 on: March 22, 2016, 12:03:47 AM »

James Mackie Jnr. 1864 - 1943. The man who built an Empire.
While Rab Smith and Rab Gawley drank out The Empire Club ;)  :) :D

JackM

« Reply #6146 on: March 24, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »

Dennis and Susan Mackie
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

jack3216

« Reply #6147 on: March 24, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

Dennis and Susan Mackie
When Jack Mackie ceased to be involved it was the start of the downfall the rest preferred the playboy life :(

jgt2426

« Reply #6148 on: March 24, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »
Anyone remember a draughtsman who worked in the main DO around 1967/69 called Tommy McWilliams. I have tried various ways of contacting him but all have failed I am hoping someone might be able to give me a lead.

JackM

« Reply #6149 on: April 04, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »
Think I may have a stalker. lol  :D