Author Topic: James Mackie & Sons  (Read 1032128 times)

misssmyth1

Re: James Mackie & Sons
« Reply #6165 on: December 31, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
Hello on this last day of this year i would like to wish you all ex Mackies workers a happy and healthy new year . I posted ages ago ,i worked in payroll until 1970 than came to live in London.. Most  of you seem to have good memories of the place and went on to have good careers and travelled all over the world. good luck and all good wishes to you all. :-* :(

Darbywashere

« Reply #6166 on: January 02, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »
Hi All, I served my time in the Woodvale Card Shop in the mid 60's, My journeyman teacher's last name was Black. Don't recall his first name right now.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #6167 on: January 03, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »
Darby I was in the card shop from 64 to 72 I remember blacky.

Darbywashere

« Reply #6168 on: January 06, 2017, 01:03:02 AM »
Just came across the Mackies Men of Steel link, brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for posting it.  It was so nice to see Jackie Geddis and others telling stories from way back then.

Jcr700

« Reply #6169 on: January 07, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »
Hi all,

New here, found this thread through a Google search.

My father, Joseph (Joe) Crozier, worked at Mackies from 1974 to 1990. Does anybody remember him?

Anyway, he moved my mom and us kids to the Netherlands in 1991. Lately, we have been wondering the status of the pension my dad built up during his years at Mackies. As we live in the Netherlands, it has been difficult for us to find out exactly what happened to the pension scheme. As he is reaching pension age (62 next week), we would like to know what we can do to make sure the pension he built up finds its way back to him.

Does anyone know what happenend to pension scheme and how we can contact them? Has anyone else contacted the scheme?

Hopefully, someone can help us. Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Crozier

JackM

« Reply #6170 on: January 09, 2017, 06:35:33 PM »
Hi all,

New here, found this thread through a Google search.

My father, Joseph (Joe) Crozier, worked at Mackies from 1974 to 1990. Does anybody remember him?

Anyway, he moved my mom and us kids to the Netherlands in 1991. Lately, we have been wondering the status of the pension my dad built up during his years at Mackies. As we live in the Netherlands, it has been difficult for us to find out exactly what happened to the pension scheme. As he is reaching pension age (62 next week), we would like to know what we can do to make sure the pension he built up finds its way back to him.

Does anyone know what happenend to pension scheme and how we can contact them? Has anyone else contacted the scheme?

Hopefully, someone can help us. Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Crozier

Apparently when Mackies went bust in 1999 the Pension schemes were wound up. A friend of mines Son who worked in Mackies from 1968 to 1983 made an enquiry and was told that because they could not find his name, he was not entitled to anything. :( :( There is a Government scheme for tracing lost pensions, try Goggling.   
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

larry fleming

« Reply #6171 on: January 09, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »
Hi All, I served my time in the Woodvale Card Shop in the mid 60's, My journeyman teacher's last name was Black. Don't recall his first name right now.
I worked in the Card Shop 67' to 71'. Back on page 81 I posted a picture of some of the Card Shop guys from1968.

Darbywashere

« Reply #6172 on: January 12, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »
I have a couple of pictures of the card shop boys from the 1968 Radius I would like to post. How do I get them from my desktop to here?

Moose

« Reply #6173 on: January 30, 2017, 04:47:26 AM »

L to R, ano, Pat McCormick, Ken Dillon, Rab Smith, Billy Watson, Adrian Watson, Davy Black, Bertie Hunt, Martin Adair, Brian Waugh, Bobby McKnight, Ken Crockard, ano, Billy Waring, Nial O'Doherty, ano, Stanley Fields, Jimmy Mawhinney, Billy Morrison, outside erector?, Denis McCoubrey, ano, ano, Tommy Blaine, Billy Cathcart, Tom McKeown, ano, ano, Billy Davidson, ano, Alan Chestnutt, Jack Kinkaid, Davy Mateer, Tommy Flanagan, ano, Bert Davy
Expermental department 1984

Jimmy Mawhinney is my granda, does anyone know know him?

JIM52

« Reply #6174 on: January 31, 2017, 10:21:02 PM »
I have a couple of pictures of the card shop boys from the 1968 Radius I would like to post. How do I get them from my desktop to here?
Go to Home Page, then Old Belfast Photos, you will find detailed instructions there.

JackM

Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

hathaway

« Reply #6176 on: May 21, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
See in the paper the Innovation Centre ( Old Woodvale Factory ) are looking for Ex employees to get in touch about working in the firm as they are putting on some sort of exhibition! Get the old photographs out!

valkillow

« Reply #6177 on: June 11, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »

N McCloud

Just read your post did you work in the tool room in Mackies  my uncle Tommy Johnston ( deceased 2001) worked there he was a foreman
Val.

valkillow

« Reply #6178 on: June 11, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »

Our Bobby

I have just read your comment about the Killow brothers I know all the names I'm Valerie Killow known as Val by most people , I'm married to Charlie Junior , I just called him in to let him read this and he was delighted . I just thought that I should introduce myself isn't it a small world

Val

JIM52

« Reply #6179 on: June 11, 2017, 08:03:21 PM »

Just read your post did you work in the tool room in Mackies  my uncle Tommy Johnston ( deceased 2001) worked there he was a foreman
Val.

Would that be Tommy Johnston from Ainsworth Street ?