Author Topic: Castle Street  (Read 36521 times)

doare.

Re: Castle Street
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2014, 01:48:51 AM »
Was Cloakeys paint shop in Castle Street beside Mc Nultys facing the Glenshesk bar
cloakeys was in king st, as you say opposite the glenshesk, was it at the corner of castle st, cant seem to remember now?
, it ran along king st quite a bit....
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

Happy10

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2014, 03:06:52 PM »
Danny Bell - didn't think that Joseph Bunting was your biological grandfather.....was he not the owner of the shop that your mother worked in????
Also, are you the one with the very bad turn in your eye that went to St Marys PS???

seos

« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2019, 04:06:02 PM »
does anyone remember joseph buntings shop in castle street.  he was my lovely granda and my family were brought up living above the shop
Hi betty, you probabely wouldnt know me now, but I'm joe curley from hamill st as kids then we would use your shop and most of us got knocked down crossing castle st  to go there lolol, was talking to joe short on here and he asked me if I seen billy about could I ask him to get in touch with him, I would see billy in castlecourt all the time but haven't been down in a good while

seos

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »
When I think of Castle St. I remember a store near Queen St.  JC's Auto Parts I think was the name. Their slogan was "JC's oily oil the oiliest oil in oil the woild"  Why do we remember things like that?
is it not king st that shop was in beside clokeys chris

seos

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »
scholls shop was way down near fountain st? I remember it well. the glenshesk was on one side cosgraves was on the other....
scholls was on the corner of queen st