Author Topic: What happened to my old house  (Read 21659 times)

Bull-ant

Re: What happened to my old house
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »
greyghost sweetie,

Thank you for elevating my self esteem, :-* :-* I've just promoted myself to head factory worker in charge of basically myself when I get Bronwyns approval.  ::)(but I no complain) :-X   and you're quite right, someone has to take the photies, darn it where did I put that camry;)
As for bighty things, I remember camping out on neighbouring French Island which is infamous for its giant mosquitoes, Even with protective netting I got bitten by two of them during the night and had to have a blood  transfusion in the morning, no joke if four or more of them ganged up they could carry you off ;D ;D

Merv

greyghost

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 09:02:38 AM »
Way back in 1970 we went on a a camping holiday at Lakes Entrance. Vic. There was mum, very handy with the 'flit'. Dad a dab hand with a newpaper. My sister, who screamed at her own shadow. My grandma who competed evenly with sis on the scared of shadow stakes. Of course moi. Intrepid heroine, fearless and able to run like the wind.
First night of camping, we were all exausted, but of course what a day, amazing, we had battled tent and poles, tent pegs and guide ropes in record time, easily 3 hours for a 10x10 square tent, a record for us. Then there was the beds. Fold away bunks... you get the picture... Dad the clever one, slept in the back of the holden.
Lights out, we settled into our sleeping bags. Mum and sis in one set of bunks, gran and I in the other, gran was in the top.
Time passes, all is quiet, no one is asleep. Gran whispers softly, Dorothy theres something tickling my leg. I reassured her that it was nothing.
A little more time passes, the bunk beds are shaking and becoming decidely unsafe. Gran screams "there's something in her with me!" says she.
Well for an old girl, by crikey she could move. She lept off the top bunk and unto the ground, she knocked over pots, pans, plates you name it. She bounced around the tent whilst trapped in her sleeping bag. screaming and shouting, "Oh it's crawling up my leg." Dad who had arrived by now, along with 100 or so other onlookers suggested that she should continue bouncing as it would make whatever "it" was fall off her leg. After much fluffing and faffing and the very odd expletive, we finally got her out of the sleeping bag. Mum and sis took her to one side and settled her.
No sign of the beast upon her person. The sleeping bag was dragged outside to a collective realeasing of breath by the now thronging onlookers. Hundreds of torch lights lit the now still sleeping bag. Dad said to the heroic moi, "you open the bag and shake it, I'll kill what ever is in there!" Very slowy I reached for the bag, gingerly, I slid the zip down the side. The crowd buzzed, the lights shook. "Hold the light steady." He said to the amassed hordes. "There no telling what it is!" Mutters sprang from around us, "it's a lizzard." Said one. "No a spider." Said another. A hush fell over the crowd as I took the ends of the bag and shook,... Nothing, I shook again, the crowd tightened and moved forward. Again nothing. "Com-on Dorothy:" says he.  "Give it a bloody good shake." So I did." Dad stood by, tennis racket in one hand and frying pan in the other. Something fell out! It lay there unmoving. It was small and fuzzy. Dad reached forward and touched it with the racket. It moved, Children screamed, women fainted, men gasped.
It jumped, we all ran. What could strike such fear into grown men and heroines... It was a mouse, a little grey field mouse.
We never really did get the hang of camping in outback Australia. But I did aqquire a few more stories along the way.
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

Bull-ant

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 09:33:23 AM »
greyghost,
I can just imagine the scene, thats hysterical and so were youse all by the sound of it. ::)  The poor wee moose, he was probably so afeard he leapt on the first boat out of Australia and sailed into Belfast harbour and then seeking shelter from the coul weather and some company sought comfort and solace with Colette  ;)  And did she give it to him, she certainly did. Poor wee man came to a sticky end.
 ;D ;D ;D
Merv

teap

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
Aye and so did his partner  ;)

Hate the things. thank god there hasnt been any more signs but the traps and sticky boards are still set.

Colette

giannineo

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »
Excellent GG.Invite the mouse murdering Teap out for a camping holiday and introduce her to one of those funnel web type spiders and a few hopping mices-would serve her right :D

teap

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »
Shut up g or I'll put a firework up your kilt.

Colette

giannineo

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »
Ooooh,firework,can't wait ;D

greyghost

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
There it goes; destroyed, the illusion: I've lived on for 37 years since that fateful camping trip. Living in hope that the wee mouse escaped into the bush. Met up with another wee mouse and lived happily ever after.
In one felled swoop my dream has been dashed, to think that the wee chap emigrated only to end up in the Trap of Collette. Ahhhhhh my heart breaks.
Shut up g or I'll put a firework up your kilt.

Colette

Now why would you want to do that, you need a seance to ressurect the dead.

Have a lovely day gia, il mio cavolo piccolo.
www.odos-photos.com

giannineo

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »
GG,you could find yourself off the Christmas card list.
    "Il mio cavalo piccolo" .I'll have you know I am a stallione grande ;)

greyghost

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 10:26:46 PM »
GG,you could find yourself off the Christmas card list.
 "Il mio cavalo piccolo" .I'll have you know I am a stallione grande ;)
[Il mio cavalo piccolo/quote] is my little cabbage. Perhaps I should revise it to il mio cavoletto di Bruxelles piccolo

www.odos-photos.com

giannineo

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
Oh,I thought it was my little pony. .non parliamo Italiano. :-[

greyghost

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
Ah I see, ok, charo, I'll sweet talk you in english.
My little cabbage, looses a lot in the translation, and my little brussel sprout even more.

Now why would Colette want to stick a cracker under your kilt, unless it was to pull it and get a surprize.  lol

I'm off to make lunch for my wee husband.
www.odos-photos.com

teap

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »
No GG not a cracker, a big firework cut the nonsense out of him   ;D least that way you could have cooked brussel sprouts lmao.
I will never look at a sprout in the same way ever again

colette

giannineo

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
Aye,GG-I was once married to one of those Italians-crude lot if you ask me(well,some of them).I will ask my daughter about the cabbage and sprouts as she is well up in Neapolitan slang.
    Yes,Colette might get a bang and a novelty,and a hat. ;D

giannineo

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 10:48:09 PM »
Teap,grrrrrrrr >:(