Author Topic: PSNI Role reversal  (Read 6662 times)

Bogeyman

Re: PSNI Role reversal
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »
If a lot of them joined they would have to call it the
Pole  eece Service of N.I and would the name have to be changed by deed pole?

If it was'nt for venetian blinds it would be curtains for everybody!

giannineo

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »
Are Poleicemen allowed to stand as Poleiticians  for Poleiament ?

IrishPost

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
Did we ever think that it would be possible to have a Polish Police force in N. Ireland. Perhaps people on both sides of the sectarian divide would rather have a Pole than one of their opposite numbers as a member of the PSNI.  

I guess the old die hard bigots will find it impossible to believe or accept, but I guess they will replace their religious intolerance with racial intolerance.

This topic has been given the title 'PSNI Role Reversal' and I'm not sure why.

Are you saying that the the role of the PSNI is being reversed because of the recruitment of other nationalities?

We are living in a changing world and as far as Northern Ireland is concerned, standby for a roller coaster ride. 8)

giannineo

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
I have the answer Irishpost.The PSNI should all be called George Best ,reward people for breaking the law,decorate peoples' homes,wash their cars,and ferry them home from the pubs.
      Aye,but then the Temperance League would hate them,the painters and car washers too,and the zero tolerance mob would have a field day.
      Alternatively appoint Robert Mugabe as First Minister and everyone would be screaming out for the PSNI to save them.
     None if this makes sense,but then, did anything in Norn Irn ever make sense?.
     Anticipates angry response from the angry mob !

Twocoats

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:38:18 AM »
Now that we have all the Polish jokes, and I thought the sense of humor was wonderful, I wonder if we have any serious comments. My thoughts were when I posted the thread "would we older ones ever have thought about the possibility of having Polish people in the Police force" I am recently retired from the Fire Department and was thinking that the Fire Department would be another "IN" for the "POLES". I do realise that Norn Ireland is in the EEC but didn't realise how people could move freely from country to country to take jobs.

ulsterstan

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 12:52:22 AM »
I think  Hughie Orde  the  dumb idiot would just as soon have a force with the majority  of Poles or whoever anyway  ,he helped dump the best police force in the world out,  RUC.   So who knows what the clowns up too , Sir Huey and  Tony  together. 
Stan Sloan.

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 01:05:18 AM »

as far as Northern Ireland is concerned, standby for a roller coaster ride. 8)

Ah good! Visits to Barrys. I don't like roller costers. Are dodgem rides available as an alternative ???

Twocoats

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 01:06:31 AM »
Absolutely Stan. I left Belfast 30 years ago so perhaps I am not the one to say anything about the Police. When I was young I remember the police as good people. Of course in all walks of life there are going to be some bad apples. One must remember that the "Armoured Cars" were a product of the troubles and not the other way round. Do you ever remember the Policeman who used to do the traffic at Shaftsbury Square in the late fifties and early sixties. A perfect gentleman. I'm sure he didn't ask ones religion when he guided you across the street. I am now living in Canada as you probably know and our Royal Canadian Mounted Police   are the only remaining Police force to have the Royal before their name. Some may say that is a good thing. Coats

Christopher

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:56 AM »
The prefix "Royal" was a sight better than the urinal sounding ... Pee Ess Enn Eye 8)

ulsterstan

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 01:26:37 AM »
Ha,haaaaaaaaa. right on lad  ,but if gerry gets his way it'll be changed again.
Stan Sloan.

giannineo

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 01:27:41 AM »
Stan,those crisps are Belfast Forum property -hands off you Exiles :P

ulsterstan

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 03:48:24 AM »
Yea but you have to keep aul Alan  in AU.  up on where they're going .sTAN.
Stan Sloan.

Christopher

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »
Stan,those crisps are Belfast Forum property -hands off you Exiles :P

CRISPS ... do you mean the Combined Royal Irish Social Police Service ???

ulsterstan

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 04:29:53 AM »
Way to go Christopher , brilliant guess.          Stan.
Stan Sloan.

IrishPost

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »
Now that we have all the Polish jokes, and I thought the sense of humor was wonderful, I wonder if we have any serious comments. My thoughts were when I posted the thread "would we older ones ever have thought about the possibility of having Polish people in the Police force" I am recently retired from the Fire Department and was thinking that the Fire Department would be another "IN" for the "POLES". I do realise that Norn Ireland is in the EEC but didn't realise how people could move freely from country to country to take jobs.

Indeed Twocoats, but I thought that my response was serious enough but it is difficult to maintain a serious topic when it wanders from racial jokes to crisps.

However, I would like to further respond to a couple of replies.

ulsterstan posted:

"I think  Hughie Orde  the  dumb idiot would just as soon have a force with the majority  of Poles or whoever anyway, he helped dump the best police force in the world out,  RUC.   So who knows what the clowns up too , Sir Huey and  Tony  together."

IrishPost Responds: Ulsterstan, The Patten Report sealed the fate of what was then known as the RUC.  Sir Hugh Orde or any other Chief Constable of the RUC had no say in the matter, they simply had to obey their political masters in the British Government.

Twocoats posted:

"...I am now living in Canada as you probably know and our Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the only remaining Police force to have the Royal before their name. Some may say that is a good thing...."

IrishPost Responds: Twocoats, In so far as Canada is concerned, you also have the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.  There are of course many other police forces within the Commonwealth that bears the Royal prefix. 

Regards,

IrishPost