Author Topic: Cape Street.  (Read 39452 times)

overtherainbow

Re: Cape Street.
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
 i am Joe Rainey's youngest daugher, he sadly passed away on the 28th September 09. I have fond memories of stories about him living in cape street.

arkie

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
KNEW YOUR FATHER WELL. A GENTLEMAN.

rocky1

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
Hello overtherainbow, sorry to here about your father. The last time i met him was in the pd club in andytown. Don`t know if you would remember me or new of me JK. Hope the rest of the family are keeping well. Tell them i said hello.

overtherainbow

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »
does anybody have photos of Nellie & Maggie Rainey or any of the Raineys from Cape Street. Would love to see them.

rocky1

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »
Hi Nellie or was it Maggie liked a bottle of stout. Use to go to the bar at the corner of the next street to Cape st for 2 bottles of stout them. I think the bar was called Reaveys. Brings back many good memories.

arkie

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »
YEAH. MA REAVEYS CNR. BALACLAVA/RAGLAN ST.

paddym

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »
Hi sorry its been a while since I 've been here. Thanks for the photograph. I remember the street very well.

sube

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »
Hi Jimmy Cullen, I have just registered on the forum.  I'm Patsy McCartney from # 1.  You lived a couple of doors below the O'Hara's.  The Murrays are my cousins.  Where are you living in Canada?  I also live in Canada in Ottawa.
Patsy

shamrock249

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »
Hi Patsy, Great to hear from you. Can you send me a private message with your email address so that we can catch-up. Just ckick on my name above my picture (shamrock249) and you can send it from there. Jim.
Signed   Mrs Cullen's wee son Jimmy.

sube

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »
Lets see now who I remember from the street, there was an old couple beside us at number 3 but I cannot remember their names, then #5 was the Quinns, #7 The Murrays my cousins, #9 the Mc Brinns,# 11 Corrigans, then came Alice Malone she was spinster and we loved to torture the poor woman, kick her door and run like hell. I remember she was the first in the area to have the lead glass in her door. I was the idiot who broke it. My Da was a plumber and he could do the lead glass, so he had to take it and rebuild it. I can tell you I was sore for a long time from the hiding I got.

Moving on, on the other side of the gateway was the O'Hara's, remember the big yard in the street? Below them 2 doors down were the Cullens,next I remember on that side were the Muldoons.
Moving across the street were the Buttimers, Anthony and I used to hang around together,  next were the Maguires, If I remember the father got hurt when a gangway collapsed in the shipyard some of the workers were killed. Then Comes the Girvans they lived at the lampost which I smashed on a regular basis, kept the old lamplighter in a job, then there was Frank McArdle who lived with his sister and Mother, the last name I remember was the Mc Intyres across the Street from  us in #4 I can see other faces but due to being a senior citizen their names escape me. John Mc Nally and My cousin Kathleen who he married moved into the Corrigans house after they left.

Patsy. 

sube

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
A few more names have percolated up in my memory, There were the Byrnes who lived on one side Of the Cullens and the Mannings who lived on the other side, then on the other side at # 12 I think were the Martins.  Jim Cullen's grandparents lived beside the Martins.

Patsy

arkie

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
don,t forget the nolans. ;)

sube

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 02:54:06 AM »
You're right I did forget the Nolans. ::)

Between us all we should be able to figure out all the residents of Cape Street :smile:

widz

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
I was in class with a Pauling Smyth from Cape street anyone know her?
Widz

Support the Milltown Babies Campaign!

arkie

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
can,t recall any smyth,s living in cape st.