Author Topic: Anyone from servia street  (Read 14319 times)

elainedonnelly

Anyone from servia street
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:24:47 AM »
My family were all born in 29 servia street and my daddy and all his family and his daddy, so great great grandparents all came from the same house, Donnelly's.

Bella Bailey

Re: Anyone from servia street
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
Hi Elaine, i came from Servia St, no. 46, i remember you daddy and mammy, yous were all only toddlers when i lived there. Your mum was a lovely woman, and your dad was quiet. There was a big family of yous, no.29 was next door to the Darlings, remember them. I was talking to your brother Andy a while back, up at Conway Mill. I was doing a computer course in it, and got talking to him. All the best ;)

elainedonnelly

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
Hi there
I'm the youngest of ten, i was born there but moved to springhill when i was 6 mths, but i rem all the stories they tell and i must get our marion onto the forum, she'd love to get in touch with everyone :0) so really nice to meet you x

elainedonnelly

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
Hi there
I'm the youngest of ten, i was born there but moved to springhill when i was 6 mths, but i rem all the stories they tell and i must get our marion onto the forum, she'd love to get in touch with everyone :0) so really nice to meet you x
dont know if i can do this right but its a pic of my great granny brady and granny donnelly and kittie fox

elainedonnelly

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
dont know if i can do this right but its a pic of my great granny brady and granny donnelly and kittie fox
granda donnelly

elainedonnelly

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
Hi there

Liz51

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 07:48:03 PM »
there great photos my father came from mc donnell st
my sister in law had family from your st  i cannot remember her auntie  name
she was a good dress maker her husband i think played in st peters brass band

elainedonnelly

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
lol theres a story with that pic of my family, apparantly my mum was in hospital my dad put a bowl round their heads and cut their hair cause they all had long hair and my mummy went ballistic when she came home, in an awful state cause mummy used to put their hair in rags and all lol a sorry sight to see was the state of their hairs lol

elainedonnelly

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
hi bella
i'm trying to find out who this woman is with my mummy, no-one knows in our family, and my mummy and daddy died so theres no-one else to ask, my uncles (donnelly's) dont know. but i'll upload her pic when its ready and if ya know or maybe you could find out, thanks

Liz51

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
lol theres a story with that pic of my family, apparantly my mum was in hospital my dad put a bowl round their heads and cut their hair cause they all had long hair and my mummy went ballistic when she came home, in an awful state cause mummy used to put their hair in rags and all lol a sorry sight to see was the state of their hairs lol
SURE I THINK WE ALL HAD THE BOWL CUT IN OUR DAY  :P :P

elainedonnelly

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
hi bella
i'm trying to find out who this woman is with my mummy, no-one knows in our family, and my mummy and daddy died so theres no-one else to ask, my uncles (donnelly's) dont know. but i'll upload her pic when its ready and if ya know or maybe you could find out, thanks

elainedonnelly

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
lol the older ones got away with it, but its always up for discussion at family get togethers, lol i wasn't thought of then, so he never got his hands on my hair lol anyway, we all need funny stories :0)

Bella Bailey

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Hi Elaine, it looks to me like mrs Morris or mrs Mc Sherry who was lily Morris,s sister both lived in Servia St. I could be wrong, but i hope this helps. I used to wheel some of you in you pram, can,t remember which ones.  ;)

elainedonnelly

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
thanks bella

i've heard so many stories from our ones over the years, do you still live down the falls

teragram

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
Names I remember from servia st   Darling, Diver, Adams, Lizzie Straneys sweet shop McCartney, McColgan.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.