Author Topic: Anyone from servia street  (Read 14919 times)

shamrock249

Re: Anyone from servia street
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »
Servia Street 1910 ...

Signed   Mrs Cullen's wee son Jimmy.

bhelena

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
My family were all born in 29 servia street and my daddy and all his family and his daddy, so great great grandparents all came from the same house, Donnelly's.
Hello Elaine are you related to a girl called Sheila I am sure she came from Servia Street we worked together in the late 60s and early 70s I last seen her in 1972 I hope you know her....

JohnJay

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »

I'm sure the people who live in number 63 were shocked when you were born in their house - Especially when Aunt Ann lived in number 61 Servia Street. Not too hot on dates either by the way, seeing that Dad's DoB was wrong on his funeral order of service booklet. Imagine not knowing an important date like that.

Yeah, thats only done on dead people who can't speak for themselves.
That was so bloody funny!!!  I know where you are going with that. Hope Jimmy boy reads it as well.   Imagine not knowing what house you were born in.  LOL  I caught some funny and strange comments from the same fella in some other places.

Scorpio

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:42 PM »
Hi Cecilia,
Can you tell me what the connection is between your father Edward and James and Hannah
or with their children.
Regards, Scorpio

Trishamary

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
Hi I am Dominic darlings daughter he was from Servia street I'm paddy darlings niece
My dad Dominic married an English lady who is my mother
I was looking to see what relations and I have found pics of my
Uncle spike he was a boxer.

cece1949

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »
Hi Cecilia,
Can you tell me what the connection is between your father Edward and James and Hannah
or with their children.
Regards, Scorpio

Edward was James and Hannah's uncle,  if you have any information to share I wojuld be very pleased,  does the name Maisie mean anything to you? I always thought maisie and hannah were sisters,  James, (jimmy) went to america and was in the forces, I didnt see them very often, they were all lovely to me - i was younger than them,

Dommo

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Scorpio

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
Hi Cecilia, could Maisie be another name for their sister Mary Ann?
I don't know that much about the Lynams as such, just that Hannah Lynam (McFadden)
was a daughter of my g/grandfather Thomas McFadden from his 1st marriage.
I have a few snippets re the Lynams that I can share particularly on the elder Hanna.

danso

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Hi Cecilia, could Maisie be another name for their sister Mary Ann?
I don't know that much about the Lynams as such, just that Hannah Lynam (McFadden)
was a daughter of my g/grandfather Thomas McFadden from his 1st marriage.
I have a few snippets re the Lynams that I can share particularly on the elder Hanna.
did Hannah and jimmy have a granny o niel in market st

Joanne81

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could help me, I'm trying to find more information about a relative of mine (not blood) but he had no other family.  Anyway he lived in Servia Street before moving to Twinbrook with his elderly aunt Kitty Fox.  She raised him and he called her his mother his name is Paddy Fox both have now passed away unfortunately and as I said there is no one else who knows much more any info would be great.

deKooning

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
hi we were the mccuskers no 35 and I think my brother eddie fancied one of you but im not sure which one we were between the the nolans and the woods what a great street .

cece1949

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »
Hi I am Cecilia Williams nee Lynam, Hannah Lynams grand daughter, I was born in 1949 in Coventry.  As well as Hannah, Cecilia, james and Christopher, Hannah also had another son Edward (Ted) and another daughter Thereasas Married name was Melton, she settled in Birmingham UK.  My Dad Edward Lynam was born in 1922, He and Thereasa were quite close, we normally saw each other every week end.  My Dad d Thereasa are both deceased.  Thereasa had four sons
Thomas, Teddy (Edward) James and Robert.  All to my knowledge are alive.  I never met my grandmother Hannah,  But occasionally Cecilia and Hannah (my aunts in america would send us the odd parcel) - I met Aunt  Hannah in person - gosh it was probably about 35 years ago, when she was visiting the UK -  The family history is so vague, for some reason it was never really spoke of to us children - i met Young Jimmy who went to the states several times, he used to come over and stayed with us for months on end - all the young ladies in our street were 'very fond' of Jimmy and he loved my Dad Ted.
Jimmy's sisters Maisie and Hannah lived in birmingham UK - they were my favourite family members, they too came and lived with my Dad for a while -I would have been 3 or 4 then, after they settled in Birmingham we would see them weekends
lovely, lovely  girls with hearts of gold, fabulous sense of fun and very kind to me always.  Maisie died of TB and I miss her still - I dont have any surnames of their children, last time I saw hannah was at  her Husbands funeral more than 10 years ago.  Hope you receive this and we can perhaps fill in some of the missing details

Mgt Walshe

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2019, 11:44:55 PM »
Bella Bailey, I canít seem to reply directly to you for some reason. In a photograph of two women you mentioned that one of them might be Lily Morris or her sister Mrs. Mc Sharry.  I knew the Morris family from 51/52 Servia Street. They used to come to friends in Castleblayney in Co. Monaghan on holidays. Would Isobel Morris and Jean Mc sherry have been cousins then?