Author Topic: RODEN STREET  (Read 37766 times)

melbrook

Re: RODEN STREET
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »
the barber shop was sloans

Tannybrake

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
Does anyone remember the Curry family who lived in Roden Street from the 30s up until the 70s?  Stanley, Norman, Edmond, Sammy, David, Jim and Lily.  Jim drowned on the Princess Victoria in 1953. 
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who grew up with or knew my grandfather Curry. 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:11 AM »
Are you talking about the top end of Roden street,at the Donegall Road?
i use to work in ulidia clothing company, it was at the donegall rd end and walked home every night to the grovener rd to get the bus.
69er
sixtyniner

dcarswell

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
Does anyone remember Trevor Rodgers from Roden Street. His mother made the most fantastic rock scones. His dad was one of the nicest men I have ever met.

I served my apprenticeship with Trevor. Des

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:51:17 AM »
Does anyone remember Trevor Rodgers from Roden Street. His mother made the most fantastic rock scones. His dad was one of the nicest men I have ever met.

I served my apprenticeship with Trevor. Des
hi dcarswell,  hope someone comes on and be able to let you know,  it's been april since our last post..good luck. O0
sixtyniner

Kathleen2

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 01:06:10 AM »
I used to walk up and down Roden Street twice a day on my to and from Kelvin school. I only remember a girl called Brenda who lived across from the school gates as she was in my class.
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

hicky

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »
At the top of Roden st to the left before you get to Donegal Rd and into the railway their is a big mound of earth this were we went when we were on the the beak. we found out this ground was the buriel ground for the victims off the last outbreak of cholria in Belfast in the 18th century ..Dose anyone remember this
    place and do the any facts/?? 

muckles

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »
I remember a shop on Roden St where my Granda took me to get sweets on the way to Windsor, "Castles" I think was the name.
I remember a news item one time where twins died on the same day although miles apart, I think one of them died in a fishing accident, as far as I remember they were the shop owners sons.

Hendy:  You are thinking of Cassels in Donegall Ave, corner  Kitchener Drive.
It's not enough that we do our best;
sometimes we have to do what's required.
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat is do chasán cóngaír

muckles

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
i used to go to the barbers facing the police barricks to have my hair cut i am not sure but it might have been called mc courts he put a wee plank across the seat for me to sit on and if he has any of the hair he cut can i have it back

I used to go there too.

muckles

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
i used to go to the barbers facing the police barricks to have my hair cut i am not sure but it might have been called mc courts he put a wee plank across the seat for me to sit on and if he has any of the hair he cut can i have it back

I went there too.

muckles

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »
Does anyone remember the Curry family who lived in Roden Street from the 30s up until the 70s?  Stanley, Norman, Edmond, Sammy, David, Jim and Lily.  Jim drowned on the Princess Victoria in 1953. 
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who grew up with or knew my grandfather Curry. 

I used to Know a Roy Curry who lived in Soudan Street.

stephenp

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »
Hi there,
Would anyone on this know anything of a Robert Gregg who lived here in I would imagine the 1950s-1970s?
I know it's a long-shot but I figured it's worth a try.

rolohosick

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »

My Uncle Alfie had a shoe repair shop in Roden Street, pretty far down from the Donegall Road on the right hand side of Roden Street and I think if I look thru me old fotos there might be one of him in his wee shop. I still remember the smell of the "solution" they used to glue on the heels and soles of the shoes. Uncle Alfie passed on some years ago now but I often wonder what Roden Street is like - might have to check it out on Google maps street view.

THE shoe shop i lived a few doors from it and your right there was a lovely smell from it ,but aways remembered a faimly liveing at the back of the shop called LEE,

[/size]

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
Hi there,
Would anyone on this know anything of a Robert Gregg who lived here in I would imagine the 1950s-1970s?
I know it's a long-shot but I figured it's worth a try.
morning stephenp..hope someone can help you.. :)
sixtyniner

wee ernie

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
tannybrake  I knew george curry.he was a few years older than me,i played with him,but he whent around with the older boys. one of the brothers we called [skippy]curry.