Author Topic: RODEN STREET  (Read 37878 times)

Nick Keene

Re: RODEN STREET
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2015, 03:33:17 AM »
All the King boys were Broadway Boys Brigade Jimmy and my mum went to Tintop, she was a Whitten from Symon Street.

DJ

« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2015, 06:09:06 AM »
All the King boys were Broadway Boys Brigade Jimmy and my mum went to Tintop, she was a Whitten from Symon Street.

Hi Nick, I lived around the corner from Symons St in Connaught St. I knew quite a few of the residents in Symons St and the name written rings a bell. Other names I can recall were, Robinson, Blackender, Buchanan, Steele, Bailey, McLarnon, Johnston. As you say the area has really changed with a number of houses now demolished.

DJ

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »
Sorry Whitten.

Walter hewitt

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
Yes, they lived on the left hand side of Roden St almost opposite Lindies factory Davie died of cancer. I chimed with George.
We lived in Clifford St
Regards
Wally Hewitt

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:23 PM »
Yes, they lived on the left hand side of Roden St almost opposite Lindies factory Davie died of cancer. I chimed with George.
We lived in Clifford St
Regards
Wally Hewitt
hi Walter, I never lived down there but for 13yrs I walked down roden st. going home.. I worked in ulidia clothing company but I believe it's not there anymore..we are talking a very long time ago..I've been in Canada since 74. liz x
sixtyniner

Farnsbarn

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »

Hi Nick, I lived around the corner from Symons St in Connaught St. I knew quite a few of the residents in Symons St and the name written rings a bell. Other names I can recall were, Robinson, Blackender, Buchanan, Steele, Bailey, McLarnon, Johnston. As you say the area has really changed with a number of houses now demolished.

Hi DJ,
      Was the Bailey you mentioned called Ashley?
            farnsbarn.

Farnsbarn

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2016, 03:35:26 AM »
We lived in Clifford St
Regards
Wally Hewitt

Hi Walter,
        Did you have a relation called Chrissy?
            farnsbarn.

colin randell

« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »
the barber shop was sloans
Tom sloan was his name still living seen Tom about a fortnight ago waiting on a bus or black taxi still the same 6feet 4or 6 still as tall would have stopped and give him a lift except i dont like stopping in Anderson town road even for lights

Belfast girlie

« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »
Sorry Whitten.
Hi David,was reading through some of this and noticed the name Whitten from Roden St. I had mentioned the name of Harold Whitten on other thread but no one seemed to know the name. I think Harold was a head boy when he was in Kelvin. I don't remember him from school as he was older than me but we knew each other when we worked in my first  place of work in the  offices of Strains Printers, Athol St, Grosvenor Rd. I think his father was a minister or had something to do with the Prespartarian Church. I have not seen him in a long time but always wondered what happened to him he was a really nice person to know.

ClareKane95

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2018, 08:34:39 PM »
Hi colin yes the name walker is in my family. Elizabeth dowds sister was Mary Ann (minnie) and she married a Samuel walker in 1900. samuel died very young and only married for 5/6 years.  Mary ann died in 1968 and was buried from 16 Eblana street and her daugther jane walker also buried from this address in 1971. All three are buried together in the city cemetery.  On my mothers side of the family there is kane's as thats my mothers maiden name and the came from bakers street.   jim

Hi Jim, my granny was Mary Kane that lived at 7 Roden Street. She lived there from the early 70s I think. She was married to Henry Kane (my grandfather), and then later married Billy Holden. Henry had 3 sisters, Maggie, Ellen and Mary. I think one of them may have lived in Baker Street. Could I ask what your mum's name was? and her parents? perhaps we are related?
Clare Kane.
Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~ Oscar Wilde