Author Topic: The Circle - Pop Group from West Belfast!  (Read 20649 times)

kevthered123

Re: The Circle - Pop Group from West Belfast!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Terry Sharpe was lead singer of the Adventures band in the 80s, great local band. Terry still plays around the clubs in Belfast with various bands, seen him performing in Kellys Cellars few weeks ago, great voice still. They had a big uk hit in 1988 with broken land...see the attached top of the pops video. One of the L'estrange brothers from Clowney Street  was also in the band, think he was a drummer   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7pPhUkCy8

chink

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
terry's group is called electric bananas very good do a variety of different songs  from different years

kevthered123

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
Chink is the electric bananas also known as the group the dead handsomes????  :-\

chink

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
couldn't tell you that as what they were known as last week when i listened to them  were they not that a lot of

AL CAPONE

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
Chink is the electric bananas also known as the group the dead handsomes? ??? :-\

Yes mate, did you know Terry's granda was Albert Sharpe ( Daby O'Gill )  :)

kevthered123

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
really???   nice 1  ::) ??? :(

lilybo

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »
The drummer formthismband was the late Billy Garland, he was a first cousin of mine and I agree they were a fantastic band, I believe the two girl singers were sisters.
Get down on your knees and thank God you are still on your feet.

chink

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
Terry Sharpe was lead singer of the Adventures band in the 80s, great local band. Terry still plays around the clubs in Belfast with various bands, seen him performing in Kellys Cellars few weeks ago, great voice still. They had a big uk hit in 1988 with broken land...see the attached top of the pops video. One of the L'estrange brothers from Clowney Street  was also in the band, think he was a drummer   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7pPhUkCy8
was just sitting facing me about ten minutes ago  in local library  very good band if you lkike that sort of stuff

starboard

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »
Does anyone know, did The Circle play in the Peter Pan some Thursday nights in the early 80's?

chink

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
not sure used to go to peterpan  penny feather wheelbase disco and pensioner night  brilliant club

Gerard Clarke

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
Hi all just came across this on the internet while having a look for the band circle My mother Anne and auntie Patricia along with my uncle were all in the band in the 70s of anyone has any old picture or anything of
The bad it would be great to see
Thanks in advance

McGurggle

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
Noel Connelly, was lead singer when the Bus Stop ended and became Flight.
The Bass player/postman was Andy McShowell. Lead Guitar was Eddie McErlane, Drums Jimmy Bonner.

Hi guy's. Sad news indeed. Andre Michoel (Andy McShowell) my da in law (ex Bus Stop etc.) has just passed away in the BCH after a long and painfull illness. Thoughts to Lillian and family. Boogie on Andy. RIP

McGurggle

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »