Author Topic: Ormeau Road Primary School  (Read 17693 times)

Meharg

Re: Ormeau Road Primary School
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
Hi Marilyn
Have a look at this and come back with the changes needed.

have changed some names in wrong places. Marilyn. P.S. did you know Josie Martin?

Wavey
2nd row  1-Peter Adair, 6-Elizabeth Allen, 11-Charles or Leslie Gardiner, 12-Martin Nesbitt
3rd row 5-Marilyn Meharg, 7-Rae Reid, 8Mildred Harper, 9-Elizabeth Kennedy,
4th row 1- Charles or Leslie Gardiner, 4- Rae Mehaffey,6- Doreen Cummings, 8-Gordon Willis

Meharg

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
I used to go to Ormeau Road Primary,could you tell me what year these pics were taken,thank you.I used to live in the first street off McClure Street facing the school.
Thank you
Michael
I think it was 1952 Marilyn

miyagi

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
I am sorry but the names are not familiar to me,I am racking my brains trying to think of who would have been in it at the same time as me and Ronnie.I remember Alfie Smith well

lakestreet

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »
I am Jim Willis; in the first photograph; and I am sitting on the front row at the end on the left hand side.  Is Marilyn Faulkner in this photograph somewhere?   Also, Billy Williamson? Maybe Jim Murphy.  All from Lake street which was just beside Havelock House that you can see in the background.  Also, in the second photograph, my brother Alan Willis is in the middle row second in from the left hand side.  Has anyone any photographs of Lake street?  I have a few that I will post later.

Kathleen2

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »
Hi Jim. It's your cousin Kathleen in Canada  :D I've been on the Belfast Forum for a couple of years. It's a great place to talk with others from not only back home but from various places where people from Ulster now live.  Welcome to the Forum :)
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

lakestreet

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »

Here is another photograph of McClure street Primary School.  I am front row at end on left.  Jim Willis.  Beside me is Billy Williamson.  Can anyone add more names?  This class was 1953 or 1954.

lakestreet

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »
Top row Mrs Marshall.
2nd row down.  4 Eleanor Murphy. 7 Williamson
3rd...
4th [ i.e. front row ] 1. Jim Willis. 2. Jim Murphy. 10 ? Gamble.  12. Billy Williamson

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

lakestreet

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
Where is everybody?

Dancer

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »
Does anyone know the Adair's in the picture?  I am related to   Adair's who have lived in the same area and probably went to Ormeau School.  As we are working on a family tree, this part of the family is missing. If anyone knows the name of the father/s I would be grateful.  They would be my mothers cousins, there was 9 boys, their mother was my grans sister who lived in Sunnyside Street.  I know one of the sons, Walter Adair who had three sons, they went to Nettlefield and then Rosetta when they moved to Flush. Now live in England.  The family went to May Street Presbyterian church but those of my generation may have gone to Ormeau Road.  For those who mentioned Jim Smyth BB Ormeau Road, Jim is still with us at Ballynafeigh Methodist also his sons and their families. He is, I think 95yrs old. 

Giannineo

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
Dancer, I may know a few of the Ballynafeigh congregation...my sister was at the  Girl Guides  big anniversary bash last year

Dancer

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
Gianninio,  We have spoken before.  I did not know your sister was at the reunion.  It was a very good night, but most of the time was spent in the kitchen preparing the meal and then dishing it out.  There were a lot of people there. Those involved  with the meal only saw half of what was going on in the hall.  Really sorry I missed her. The guide captain and her helper where on Egg Head the other night with the Belfast Operatics and did very well indeed.

David (Joe) Martin

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 01:52:06 AM »
  Shame on you Marilyn for not noticing me in the front row on the right of Gordon.  Sharman McCormack is 2nd from left in the back row.  I am sure that Standley Mulholland is 2nd from right same row. Peter Adair in hidden behind Emily Donald's big head.  In the 2nd row also is 3 Trevor Hanlon 4 Harold Kerr, 10 Roy Knox, 11 one of the Gardiners.  In the front row 3 is ? Mitchell, 11 me and Brian Rutherford on the end at the right.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             :swoon:

Gardo4

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 04:26:56 AM »
Smashing Photos Wavey. Wonder what they all are doing now.
                                                          All the best, Dub.

Gardo4

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 04:33:42 AM »

Hi I am new to this board. I am in the photo .I am one of the Gardner twins and I am in the second row from the top. My name is Charles and my brother Leslie is in the first row at the end. I came across this board by accident . I live in Canada and I was a police officer for 39years. I have four sons and five grand kids. Is the Marilyn who is mentioned Marilyn Martin???
I hope someone reads this and posts back
All the best
Charles

David (Joe) Martin

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
Hi Charles no one called you two by your name it was just "the twins".  I used to come by your house some mornings and we would walk to school. I have just messaged Emily Wilson(Donald)on facebook and mentioned your post, she sends her best wishes to you and Leslie. I have just returned from Belfast and it was the first visit since I left for the second time in 1970.  You might possibly remember that I went to Australia first in 1961 and i returned in 1963.  I don't know if you visit but I was shocked by the state of the McClure St,University St, Rugby Rd and Sandy Row areas. It was sad as allaround that area was nice. I had a look at the school, the museum Botanic Gardens and Queens.  I had planned to meet up with Emily, Rae Mehaffy(Bloomer)  Marilyn Martin (Meharg) Victor Robinson and Brian Rutherford but things went out the window when all of my emails dropped out of my mobile phone.  I had phone numbers etc; so I missed the opportunity to see them all. Hope that you remember me. Keep well and welcome to the BF.David (Josie)Martin