Author Topic: Ormeau Road Primary School  (Read 17664 times)

David (Joe) Martin

Re: Ormeau Road Primary School
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »
Dancer I know yours was an old post but replying to Charles Gardiner (a Newby on the forum) I noticed your enquiry about Adairs.  Peter and I were good mates as we went from Ormeau junior school to Botanic together. We lost contact when I imigrated but met up again about 68-70 when we both lived in Belvior. We would get into town early Saturday afternoon and start at the Shakespear, move to the Pound or even the Abercorn and have some craic. When we both got married I lived in Cromwell Road/Botanic Ave and Peter and Mary would US us in Shehans Pub at the top of Peveral St for a drink and a bit of after hours sing a long.  :good: :drinks:   

Gardo4

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 03:04:47 AM »
Hi David. Yes I do remember you although now my memory is not what it used to be. My brother and I went to Botanic School after Ormeau Rd and then Somehow we got shipped up to Dunlambert Secondary School. I worked at the Post office for a time after school and in 1967 I immigrated to Canada. I joined the Toronto Police Force but finished my career with a Regional Force. I live in a little town west of Toronto called Waterdown.
Leslie came to Canada too for a time but went back to Ireland and he lives in Lisburn. I have not been back to Belfast in nearly 20 years. Except for Leslie I have no immediate family left there and I keep in touch with him on Skype.I hope that we will be able to keep in touch
All the best
Charles

lakestreet

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
Hi Charles Gardiner, 
My name is Jim Willis and you will see me on one of the photographs front row extreme left.  I remember yourself and Leslie because I used to visit your house in Fitzroy Avenue.  I lived in Lake street which was just around the corner from the school.  You were further up the road in one of the Fitzroy Avenue houses, third up on the left I recall. You had a little electric train set that ran around in a little circle in your front room downstairs.  I believe you were in my class at Ormeau road Primary as was Leslie.  If you read this come back to me and we can exchange some memories.  JIm

Dancer

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 10:06:48 PM »
Dancer I know yours was an old post but replying to Charles Gardiner (a Newby on the forum) I noticed your enquiry about Adairs.  Peter and I were good mates as we went from Ormeau junior school to Botanic together. We lost contact when I imigrated but met up again about 68-70 when we both lived in Belvior. We would get into town early Saturday afternoon and start at the Shakespear, move to the Pound or even the Abercorn and have some craic. When we both got married I lived in Cromwell Road/Botanic Ave and Peter and Mary would US us in Shehans Pub at the top of Peveral St for a drink and a bit of after hours sing a long.  :good: :drinks:
Thanks for the info..his father was my mums cousin.  His aunt Winnie who was married to his fathers brother was my godmother.  There was a large family of Adairs.  My grandmothers sister was their grandmother.  The Adair's who lived in McClure Street I don't remember much about.  Dancer

RonnieC

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
My name is Ronnie Cairns; I have recently joined the forum as I came across my name by accident and thought it might possibly be a way to contact old friends. I remember Michael Davidson(miyagi) and Stephen Kirkpatrick well, we had some great times together. Giannineo also seems to know me, but cannot think who this might be.It would be great to make contact again, so look forward to a reply.

miyagi

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Hi Ronnie,its Michael here.So pleased to read your post,have sent you my email address and hopefully we can renew our friendship .Take care ,Michael

miyagi

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
Ronnie Cairns,Stephen Kirkpatrick and I have just met up after 40 years and we are going to stay in touch.We had a great night in the Empire and have had dinner in Stephen and Joyces house.We had a great deal of catching up to do and lots of memories came flooding back.We would like to thank  Giannineo for getting us back in touch again

tomcollins

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »
Number 10 probably would have been Dawson Gamble

tomcollins

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
dawson gamble lived beside. the gregsons in lake st