Author Topic: ANYONE FROM DUNMORE STREET, CLONARD?  (Read 20957 times)

maryde

Re: ANYONE FROM DUNMORE STREET, CLONARD?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »

I used to live in Bantry Street, Clonard was a great wee area to live in, everyone was so friendly.
Not Old... just Older

AL CAPONE

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
hi, D, did that gerard mccartney have two sisters, margaret mccartney and ann mccartney? they lived in oranmore st.

Went to school with his son. :)

AL CAPONE

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
I used to live in Bantry Street, Clonard was a great wee area to live in, everyone was so friendly.

Mary do you remember the Walsh family from Lucknow st?

maryde

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »

Hi Al, I can't think of the Walsh family, but I would probably know them if I saw them, I am not good on names LOL!... I do remember the McCrae's from Lucknow Street and I remember that there was a lot of dogs there too, scared the hell out of me going up it  :D
Not Old... just Older

justluvbeingme

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:44:55 PM »

think that walsh family live in cluain mor now,
jus,

AL CAPONE

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »
Hi Al, I can't think of the Walsh family, but I would probably know them if I saw them, I am not good on names LOL!... I do remember the McCrae's from Lucknow Street and I remember that there was a lot of dogs there too, scared the hell out of me going up it  :D

Yes i remember the Mc Creas also.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »
jus,

They do i see Bobby now and again. :)

muckermcd

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 04:50:28 AM »
Here Al who dont you know???
 lmao

AL CAPONE

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »
Not too many mate. :D

109er

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
Hi justluv,I use to go out with LIz Butler for about 6 month

justluvbeingme

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
Hi justluv,I use to go out with LIz Butler for about 6 month
Hi, 109er. at last someone who knows someone I knew well, used to run about with Liz. we grew up in Leoville street.  did yo know she died some years ago? I still live close to Clonard. are you still in belfast?
Jus. 

mousey

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
Hi anyone around from dunmore Street, Springfield Road, lived there 1944-1978-9
love to hear from some old neighbours.

hi eileen,,, did you work in geo angus
HOT AIR RISES

AL CAPONE

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 07:46:59 AM »
jus,

Sadly oul Bobby passed away a few weeks ago.

jakass

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »
Didn't live in leoville St but ran about with a lot of people from there and surrounding streets for yearsssss. Harry Murphy best man at my wedding,Michael Huges,Pat Lappin,Jerry McCaffery,the O'Neill brothers from Oranmore st Sticky RIP, Shark, Doe. all nick names. We had a soccer team called Leovilla and then St Martins played in the down & Connor league Coached and Managed by Harry's brother Pat still talk to Pat Via the Internet, Spoke to Harry last week on the phone from Australia where I live with my wife Eileen(Beresford) from Dunstan st, which was off Springfield ave.We have 3 children and 7 grankids, Vera fox was also a friend, Margaret Fitzpatrick :-* Jim Mallon was our goalkeeper and a good one at that.What great times we had, spent the cold nights in the pearl with chips and a coke. I know I've missed lots of names so here's hoping I get a few memory Jogs from people on the forum
                                                       Jackie Rooney formally from Divis street 

justluvbeingme

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:41 AM »
Didn't live in leoville St but ran about with a lot of people from there and surrounding streets for yearsssss. Harry Murphy best man at my wedding,Michael Huges,Pat Lappin,Jerry McCaffery,the O'Neill brothers from Oranmore st Sticky RIP, Shark, Doe. all nick names. We had a soccer team called Leovilla and then St Martins played in the down & Connor league Coached and Managed by Harry's brother Pat still talk to Pat Via the Internet, Spoke to Harry last week on the phone from Australia where I live with my wife Eileen(Beresford) from Dunstan st, which was off Springfield ave.We have 3 children and 7 grankids, Vera fox was also a friend, Margaret Fitzpatrick :-* Jim Mallon was our goalkeeper and a good one at that.What great times we had, spent the cold nights in the pearl with chips and a coke. I know I've missed lots of names so here's hoping I get a few memory Jogs from people on the forum

Jackie Rooney formally from Divis street 
[/quote

]KNOW MOST OF THESE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED HERE, I LIVED IN LEOVILLE ST. SHARK O'NEILL STILL LIVES AROUND HERE AS DOES MARGARET FITZPATRICK, AND MICHAEL HUGHES,  SEE VERA FOX SOMETIMES SHE LIVES IN ANDYTOWN,  REMEMBER THE PEARL CHIPPY WELL.
JUS. SEE HARRY MURPHY BUT HE LIVES UP THE ROAD SOMEWHERE,
JUS,