Author Topic: Trying to find  (Read 16806 times)

Taggart 009

Trying to find
« on: June 06, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
would anyone out there have met or know
Una and  Rosalee Parks and or Barbara and  Pauline Crawford.
All were from North Belfast. Cavehill Road area.  Would love to find their where abouts and be able to look them up.

Christopher

Re: Trying to find - Crawford or Parks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 11:25:09 PM »
That's a hard one Val. All women and possibly married. Did they have brothers? If so maybe they are in the area. Try www.192.com

Taggart 009

Re: Trying to find
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:46:22 AM »
That's a hard one Val. All women and possibly married. Did they have brothers? If so maybe they are in the area. Try www.192.com

No married names available but anyone living in the 60's and doing the dance halls etc in Belfast or who went to  The Girls Model Secondary School, and Princess Gardens might have met them.  Ya just never know chris.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:01:47 AM »
OK Val. I found one pupil from Princess Gardens sometime in the 60s .. Maureen Wheeler. She attended the Rupert Stanley Technical College too. Anybody study art at Rupert Stanley in the 50s when Mrs Peake taught there? She was my mum. How many more Princess Gardens Pupils do I need to find Val? Here is another pupil Christena Colclough (1966 - 2002). Princess Gardens and Ashleigh House combined some time ago under the new name Hunter House College. This site might be helpful ...  Lost School Friends. Princess Gardens does not appear to have a Past Pupils Association on the net :D

Taggart 009

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 04:18:37 AM »
OK Val. I found one pupil from Princess Gardens sometime in the 60s .. Maureen Wheeler. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/pressroom/co/about_maureen.cfm She attended the Rupert Stanley Technical College too. Anybody study art at Rupert Stanley in the 50s when Mrs Peake taught there? She was my mum. How many more Princess Gardens Pupils do I need to find Val? Here is another pupil Christena Colclough http://www.childrens-express.org/journalists/press_releases/pr2002_Tina_obituary.htm Princess Gardens and Ashleigh House combined some time ago under the new name Hunter House College. This site might be helpful http://www.lostschoolfriends.ie/find.php?province=Antrim&schtype=secondary Princess Gardens does not appear to have a Past Pupils Association on the net :D

well its very good of you to find these people Chris, alas they are not the ones I want, and I don't know them either.

Twocoats

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:01:59 AM »
Hi Val. Donna and I know them. You remember Donna. I used to go out with Barbara Crawford. Last I saw her she was living in Carrick in 75. Didn't she live with Trevor Kelly's Mother. 

Louisekas

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:50:50 AM »
Val,

If what Twocoats is saying is right and Barbara Crawford did move to Carrick then I thought I'd ask they guys in my work in the Carrick depot to do a search for you through their Mum's, Grannies etc.

Bear in mind tho 1975 is before most of them were born but i have got them to ask their elders!ha

They now think i'm really quite strange!

Louise

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 11:17:09 AM »
OMG! Are you a relative of Va? Val is bad enough let loose on a site on her own without relatives adding to the confusion.  When she next comes to Ireland keep her away from those guys in the depot who think you are quite strange. Wait till they meet her :D Would you mind appearing somewhat stranger .. please ask the guys in the depot for the website address of the Carrickfergus message board. I saw it some time ago. There were messages for and from both Carrickfergus residents and exiles. I was going to post it as I thought it would help Val find her friend ... unfortunately it seems to have disappeared. 

Christopher

Louisekas

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 11:35:56 AM »
ha yeah i'm her fav neice!!!

I will maybe let the guys in the depot see her and then they will know i'm not strange at all - its all Val's fault. ha ha!!

Wait until she gets her two girls on this site, they will take it over!!

Louise

Taggart 009

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:25:17 AM »
OMG! Are you a relative of Va? Val is bad enough let loose on a site on her own without relatives adding to the confusion.  When she next comes to Ireland keep her away from those guys in the depot who think you are quite strange. Wait till they meet her :D Would you mind appearing somewhat stranger .. please ask the guys in the depot for the website address of the Carrickfergus message board. I saw it some time ago. There were messages for and from both Carrickfergus residents and exiles. I was going to post it as I thought it would help Val find her friend ... unfortunately it seems to have disappeared. 

Christopher

Louise just got engaged recently. She is the daughter of my kid sister Glynis.  Glynis and I both worked in Tele-Ads in the B.T. together at the same time so Twocoats knows her as well.

Taggart 009

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:04 AM »
Hi Val. Donna and I know them. You remember Donna. I used to go out with Barbara Crawford. Last I saw her she was living in Carrick in 75. Didn't she live with Trevor Kelly's Mother. 
I do remember that you went out with Barbara but the last time I saw her was shortly after I got married and she was livng with an old friend of mine a guy called George Hughes. I think this was after she lived with Mrs. Kelly.  Barbara's brother is Brian or Roy Crawford and I am sure he lives in or around Ballyclare.

Taggart 009

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 03:30:38 AM »
Val,

If what Twocoats is saying is right and Barbara Crawford did move to Carrick then I thought I'd ask they guys in my work in the Carrick depot to do a search for you through their Mum's, Grannies etc.

Bear in mind tho 1975 is before most of them were born but i have got them to ask their elders!ha

They now think i'm really quite strange!

Louise

Hey you wee girl, we are not THAT  old.  I shall get your  mother to kick your , "you know what"  :):):):)
Apart from that thanks for joining in here and offering to help.

Christopher

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »
Definition of EXILE

1. Enforced removal from one's native country.
2. Self-imposed absence from one's country.
3. The condition or a period of living away from one's native country.
One who lives away from one's native country, whether because of     expulsion or voluntary absence.

Dont be shy all you exiles. Canada is not the only place where exiles live and not everyone who is an exile worked with the "Tele" too. Connections with The Irish News, Newsletter or Whig are perfectly acceptable. You dont even need Telesales connections although it appears that such a working experience in your lifetime may be an advantage. 

Christopher

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 02:51:25 AM »
I do remember that you went out with Barbara but the last time I saw her was shortly after I got married and she was livng with an old friend of mine a guy called George Hughes. I think this was after she lived with Mrs. Kelly.  Barbara's brother is Brian or Roy Crawford and I am sure he lives in or around Ballyclare.

Brian or Roy Crawford or Brian and Roy Crawford? Val, you have my poor wee brain working overtime. If I had known 30 years ago that I was going to be sitting at my keyboard 30 years hence discussing Roy or Brian Crawford I would have had a couple of drinks less on those Friday afternoons at the Bot. There is something spinning around in my mind and I am having problems putting Roy (possibly) into context. The guys at the Bot were like fixtures and fittings, there every Friday. I knew three or four of them as I met them during the week but the others only on a Friday afternoon. Val, this wont find your Barbara but might solve my problem. Was Roy recently married in the mid seventies? All I need is a clue. Did he enjoy a pint? Dont answer that ... didn't we all in those days?

Addy

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
 I had a severe  "dose of the Hots " for Pauline Crawford !!! In my younger days !!!  (Old Cavehill Road ) Mind you Barbara was a good looker too !!!    :)
Cheer up !! It could be better  !!!