Author Topic: Trying to find  (Read 16816 times)

Taggart 009

Re: Trying to find
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 06:18:33 AM »
Best legs I ever did behold !!!!! :P :P :P :P
We still want you to expand a bit more on that remark Alexander. At least give us a few hints :):):):)

Christopher

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 09:07:13 AM »
Best legs I ever did behold !!!!! :P :P :P :P
We still want you to expand a bit more on that remark Alexander. At least give us a few hints :):):):)

Ah, tis January and the panto season ...

Sleeping Beauty has been kissed by Prince Charming and is catching up on the backlog of messages 8)

Martin

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »
Hi All,
I would like to be added to the North Belfast list. I lived on the New Lodge Road from birth (1951) til 1970 when we left Belfast for good  :-[.
We lived next door to the Lyceum picture house right at the top of the New Lodge. I have 6 sisters 2 of which who you may have known through their frequent attendance at the dance halls. I am Irene (1951) Angela(1946) Nuala (1948) I think the others would have been too young to be known by any of usens but they are Winifred (1956) Margo (1961) Colette & Carmel (1965) and coming up the rear our one and only boy John (1967). I mostly went to the Maritime Club bit Angela and Nuala went to Romanos & The Orchid. I had the happiest of childhoods, growing up in Belfast in the 60s and feel sorry for the children of today who cant have the freedom we enjoyed. We pratically lived in the Alexanders Park and loved Queen Mary's Gardens. The Waterworks was a bit boring but we liked the 'lake'.
Best Regards Irene
You practically lived in Alexandra Park! Could you tell me more about the park and would you have any photos of the park at that time that you would like to share
Martin

Christopher

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »
There's a great photo of the Alexandra Park Gate Lodge on the Planning Architecture Design Database Ireland website (www.paddi.net).

Christopher

Re: Trying to find - McAuley
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Mary (known also as Maureen) Lyons from 70, Riga Street, Belfast is looking for Lily and Billy McAuley who had a wool shop on the Shankill Road. Mary's sister was Jean. Mary attended a private school called Dale Home on the Ballygomartin Road. Mary's old workmates from Beltex; Gor-Ray, Ltd, Lombard Street or John Thompson of Little Victoria Street are welcome to contact her too. If anyone knows Mary Lyons or Phyllis Taylor from Riga Street please contact ... 01554 778671 or post a letter to Flat 2, Glanmor Villa, Glanmor Road, Llanlli, Dyfed. SA15 2LU 

Christopher

Re: Trying to find - friends from the Maritime, Orchid or Romanos
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
Hi All,
I would like to be added to the North Belfast list. I lived on the New Lodge Road from birth (1951) til 1970 when we left Belfast for good  :-[.
We lived next door to the Lyceum picture house right at the top of the New Lodge. I have 6 sisters 2 of which who you may have known through their frequent attendance at the dance halls. I am Irene (1951) Angela(1946) Nuala (1948) I think the others would have been too young to be known by any of usens but they are Winifred (1956) Margo (1961) Colette & Carmel (1965) and coming up the rear our one and only boy John (1967). I mostly went to the Maritime Club bit Angela and Nuala went to Romanos & The Orchid. I had the happiest of childhoods, growing up in Belfast in the 60s and feel sorry for the children of today who cant have the freedom we enjoyed. We pratically lived in the Alexanders Park and loved Queen Mary's Gardens. The Waterworks was a bit boring but we liked the 'lake'.
Best Regards Irene

Hiya Irene,

Someone has been slipping up. A belated Welcome to the Forum.

I hope you had a great Christmas and are having a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.

BTW living next door to a cinema sounds great. Were you able to sneak in to see the movies for Free ???

Christopher.

stewie

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
Mary (known also as Maureen) Lyons from 70, Riga Street, Belfast is looking for Lily and Billy McAuley who had a wool shop on the Shankill Road. Mary's sister was Jean. Mary attended a private school called Dale Home on the Ballygomartin Road. Mary's old workmates from Beltex; Gor-Ray, Ltd, Lombard Street or John Thompson of Little Victoria Street are welcome to contact her too. If anyone knows Mary Lyons or Phyllis Taylor from Riga Street please contact ... 01554 778671 or post a letter to Flat 2, Glanmor Villa, Glanmor Road, Llanlli, Dyfed. SA15 2LU 
christopher could you tell me where this was ??? Mary attended a private school called Dale Home on the Ballygomartin Road,just out of intrest :)i live there but never knew about this school ???

Christopher

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying with the name of the road Stan.

My friends who live near Saintfield do not know the name so I'll have to drop into the Enterprise Bar in Ballynahinch when the person who lived in Saintfield is on duty and ask if she remembers. I could go to the chip shop and ask her daughter .. if she doesn't know she can tell me when her Mum will be on duty at the pub.

I'll get back to you on this one.

Chris

Christopher

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »

christopher could you tell me where this was ??? Mary attended a private school called Dale Home on the Ballygomartin Road,just out of intrest :)i live there but never knew about this school ???

The school is not there any more stewie. It was probably there in the 1940s and 50s. Do you visit the library at Ballygomartin? They might have some info about the school. I'll send Mary a snail mail letter and ask for more info. If the library have any info would you post the details on the site. 

BTW Thanks for asking your question. I came across I site I'd missed NiYouthinfo.org ... ur info ur way and have created a link to the Forum.

ulsterstan

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 12:38:41 AM »
Thanks Christopher  i got the Saintfield site up and i see the old White Horse bar is still there  never been in it though  but it was near the wee shop at the end of the  street where we'd pick up our food before heading up to the farm.    As i said that was in the 40,s and   50.s.
Stan Sloan.

SAM

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
IRENEEYDEN, I CAME FROM THE OLDPARK (SAME AGE) I WENT TO THE MARITIME & HOUSTONS, I REMEMBER PLAYING FOTBALL AT THE BACK OF THE WATERWORKS, & ALEXANDRIA PARK, EVEN THOUGH I TRAVELLED THE WORLD LATER IN LIFE ( MARINE ENGINEER) I TOO LOVED THOSE DAYS.

anniepepper

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 05:00:17 AM »
I think now is the time to sing Mary Hopkins  .Those were the days my friend we thought they would never end we'd sing and dance for ever and a day it was the life we knew da da da da
Ah Belfast in the 60's we loved ya !! oh yes those were the days 

Liz5748

Beltex
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
Did anyone work there in the 60's