Author Topic: Trying to find  (Read 17154 times)

Christopher

Re: Trying to find - Crawford or Parks
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 03:55:19 PM »
Hiya Addy,

I guess you were from North Belfast at one time. Where are you now ???
If you have the time would you mind posting on the "All About Me!!!" thread on the Belfast Chat board.

By the way do you have a picture of Pauline Crawford please ???

All the Best, Christopher

Taggart 009

Re: Trying to find
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »
Hi Addy, well as I remember when Pauline and I used to hang out, every guy we met used to have the hots for Pauline. She was a looker and  had a great personality.

Taggart 009

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »
Hi Val. Donna and I know them. You remember Donna. I used to go out with Barbara Crawford. Last I saw her she was living in Carrick in 75. Didn't she live with Trevor Kelly's Mother. 
I do remember that you went out with Barbara but the last time I saw her was shortly after I got married and she was livng with an old friend of mine a guy called George Hughes. I think this was after she lived with Mrs. Kelly.  Barbara's brother is Brian or Roy Crawford and I am sure he lives in or around Ballyclare.

Brian or Roy Crawford or Brian and Roy Crawford? Val, you have my poor wee brain working overtime. If I had known 30 years ago that I was going to be sitting at my keyboard 30 years hence discussing Roy or Brian Crawford I would have had a couple of drinks less on those Friday afternoons at the Bot. There is something spinning around in my mind and I am having problems putting Roy (possibly) into context. The guys at the Bot were like fixtures and fittings, there every Friday. I knew three or four of them as I met them during the week but the others only on a Friday afternoon. Val, this wont find your Barbara but might solve my problem. Was Roy recently married in the mid seventies? All I need is a clue. Did he enjoy a pint? Dont answer that ... didn't we all in those days?

Well Brian would be in his 60's now. Sometimes he was called Roy sometimes Brian. Go figure.  Honest go goodness , dont remember if he was a pint drinker as it was his sister I knew better although Brian was in the same class as me in Primary School! He didn't drink pints then  ;D

Twocoats

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 05:16:09 PM »
Didn't know Barbara had a sister. Was she as tall as Barbara

Taggart 009

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »
No Pauline and I were about the same height. She and I used to play a lot of tennis at Cavehill Tennis club.  It was actually Pauline and Barbara who taught me to jive for which I thank them as I thereafter always enjoyed dancing.

Taggart 009

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »
There is a sad lacking of entries from North Belfast people on this site, and I am getting all upset and sad here watching for for a friendly name. Any of you know anyone from Antrim Rd, Cavehill Road, or North Circular Road, North Belfast, send them a wee emial along with the site and tell them to come join in the craic.

Christopher

Re: Trying to find - Crawford or Parks
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 10:25:07 PM »
Hiya Val,

Would Belfast Royal Academy (BRA) qualify as North Belfast ??? They've a former pupils assoiation. I spotted email addresses there. How about sending emails to those people with addresses telling them about this site?

Christopher

Addy

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 09:12:58 PM »
Interesting !! My Daughter went there. Will inform her to get involved !!
Cheer up !! It could be better  !!!

Christopher

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 09:16:38 PM »
Interesting !! My Daughter went there. Will inform her to get involved !!

Good man Addy, that's the way to do it. :D
If Google spots you here is that as good as a free advertisement ???

Alexander

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
Best legs I ever did behold !!!!! :P :P :P :P

Taggart 009

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »
Best legs I ever did behold !!!!! :P :P :P :P
Ok Alexander, think you need to expand on your remark above :):):)

Ireneeyden

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 09:38:06 AM »
Hi All,
I would like to be added to the North Belfast list. I lived on the New Lodge Road from birth (1951) til 1970 when we left Belfast for good  :-[.
We lived next door to the Lyceum picture house right at the top of the New Lodge. I have 6 sisters 2 of which who you may have known through their frequent attendance at the dance halls. I am Irene (1951) Angela(1946) Nuala (1948) I think the others would have been too young to be known by any of usens but they are Winifred (1956) Margo (1961) Colette & Carmel (1965) and coming up the rear our one and only boy John (1967). I mostly went to the Maritime Club bit Angela and Nuala went to Romanos & The Orchid. I had the happiest of childhoods, growing up in Belfast in the 60s and feel sorry for the children of today who cant have the freedom we enjoyed. We pratically lived in the Alexanders Park and loved Queen Mary's Gardens. The Waterworks was a bit boring but we liked the 'lake'.
Best Regards Irene

ulsterstan

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 11:54:03 PM »
 Christopher  you have any idea of the name of the road  as you come up the main street in Saintfield  and make the left up the hill  and  can't remember where it leads to but my granda had a farm out that way in the 40,s and early 50,s , appreciate any help ,thanks Stan.
Stan Sloan.

Christopher

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »
Christopher  you have any idea of the name of the road  as you come up the main street in Saintfield  and make the left up the hill  and  can't remember where it leads to but my granda had a farm out that way in the 40,s and early 50,s , appreciate any help ,thanks Stan.

I'll come back to you on that query, Stan. I've a friend who lives near Saintfield. She might know. There are also a couple of people in Ballynahinch who used to live in Saintfield. Is that a left at Fair Green, or Fair Hill, when you get to the top of Main Street?

ulsterstan

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 04:19:41 AM »
Thanks Christopher, i've a cousin lives on the road past Saintfield lives on Tullyveerry Rd.Killyleagh.  Stan.
Stan Sloan.