Author Topic: National Club Berry Street.  (Read 5127 times)

denmagic

Re: National Club Berry Street.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »
JD:  I was told by my grandparents that the National Club lost its identity when they sold the Berry Street premises so that Castle Court Shopping complex could be built.

Sadly where the club once was is a stock loading area for Castle Court.

Belfast is getting ripped apart by these billionaire companies who don't give a [censored] about the past.  The Kitchen Bar is a modern example.

(_8([)
..It's a Kind of Magic!

jd

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 12:45:20 AM »
I agree with you totally.  Trench House is just an example of what planners think of our city.  As Al Capone said "money can change anyones personality".  You don't need much money to change the planners personality.

teap

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »
I want it all back the way it was the falls all the wee streets the town divis Street townsend street coates street campbells row the lot Berry Street   :'(

rocky1

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 07:20:07 PM »

The Club Orchid. Bernie Small all gone. No good entertainment left.

seos

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
My dad played snooker and billards for the national in berry st and in later years he looked after the tables he also Ironed and brushed the tables every day, remember him once telling us that the bookmakers started the national club,you wouldn't have got in without collar and tie and jeans where not allowed and they had there own members room and you had to be signed in by a member, back in the day my dad only got membership as they always asked him to play billards for them,we came from hamill st just up the street from the national, only members I knew from the parish were my da Jimmy Curley,my da mate jimmy Butler from bank st, billy o'hare a bookie hamill st, the Madden brothers cabinet makers from Barrack st,none of these men would have went to Queen st

sj

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 03:14:04 AM »
I had an uncle Pat O'Neill who played snooker for the club about 60's & 70's. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...