Author Topic: Donegal Pass  (Read 97825 times)

IRISHDIVA

Re: Donegal Pass
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
hi folks,iam trying to find anybody who remembers my dads family from the pass. billy stewart who is now 65 and his parents were bobby and jean stewart and his sisiter is jean. they lived charlotte st, lynsey st. his dads family and the mcanleys were in in the coal and horse business. would love to hear from anybody that knowes him,thanks.

Very Good dstewart, Welcome, glad to have you posting live.
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

MCD60

Re: Donegal Pass BEECH STREET
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »
Hi My late mother Margaret Annie (Nan) Mulholland used to live in BEECH STREET when she was a child in the 1930s. I wonder if anyone would have elderly relatives who lived there then and may remember her or her sisters Joan and Clara. They went to the school on Donegal Pass and used to play on the flat rooftop I believe?! They lived with widowed father James and he was a shoemaker at the co-op on York Street. Sadly he also died in 1938 and the girls were split up and went to live with relatives in Lurgan, Portadown and Bangor. I would be grateful for any info? Thanks Colin

bigt1957

« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
i posted a reply to d stewart yesterday saying i knew bobby and jean and many of the stewart clan as for mulholland in beech st i will try through other channels to find something
Sometimes the most difficult choices are the very ones that can bring us the greatest rewards.

MCD60

« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2013, 01:50:03 AM »
Hi Thanks for the reply! I will check to see if you post any info?! CD

squib52

« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2013, 11:34:46 PM »
hi all my name was sally telford i lived at 59 beech st my older brother roy still lives in vernon st and my young sister myra in maryville st does any 1 remember us we moved to beech st in 1957 from the shankill

bigt1957

« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »
Hiya Sally

I know Roy very well my name is Terry Watson great to have on the forum

Sometimes the most difficult choices are the very ones that can bring us the greatest rewards.

squib52

« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »
hiya terry god u get every where this is a great wee forum our william told me about it x

bigt1957

« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
hahahahaha Sally this happens when uve nothing better to do hahahahaha yes its fun here

artibell

« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2013, 06:46:24 PM »

bigt1957

« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »
Good pic of St Mary Magdalene Choir I know 5 boys starting from the left lol Can anyone name them all?

T

sammy a

« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »
my memories, apsley hall sunday school, porters,old bobs grocery,eileens shop,wee sammys shop,streahorns potatoes and eggs,the little elim in apsley street,the bath tavern (cassidys) hot baths and swimming in ormeau baths,falling in love for the 1st time and getting my wee heart broken,playing football for 1st bb and 35th bb,doing a paper round morning and night,playing rallio and kick the tin,going to botanic gardens,ormeau park and curzon cinema,apollo cinema,6feet snow drifts in the early sixties,lindsay st arch,rainey st bonfire,going to the paragon and harrys pawn shop with my mum,having my 1st beer in roddys at bottom of howard st south. many more memories too numerous to mention, great days and getting older is crap.

SamG

« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »
"having my 1st beer in roddys at bottom of howard st south. many more memories too numerous to mention, great days and getting older is crap."
Worked in Howard St South for 15 years in Angus House.  So many memories also about those places and faces and times when life seemed so much less complicated.  So much life around there back then and so dead now.
Getting older is most certainly Crap.

Stop the ride, I want to get off and go back.

notguilty

« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »
SamG if you think getting older is crap - just do'nt do it !

EdMcC

« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »
My mother, May Edmonds as she was then, met my father when he was in 'digs' in one of the big houses at the police station end of the Donegall Pass in the late 40's/early '50's. She worked in a home bakery (Tom Boyd's?) across the road.

Jeanne Boleyn

« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »
would anyone happen to know the exact location of Victor's Bar which was operative in the 1970s? Some say it was in Walnut Place, other's Coyle's Place. Thank you. :)