Author Topic: Donegal Pass  (Read 96575 times)

eastbelfastbabe

Re: Donegal Pass
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
It was the Co Op, you just ordered the coal. Thought you were watching football.

eastbelfastbabe

« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »
Donegall Pass, Belfast BT7 1DQ
Not all the streets are named but the ones we were talking about are.

SamG

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »
The shop was definitely the Co Op. Remember it well, first time with my mother in law  to order coal, she made sure she got the Divi. :D

Can't remember what I had for lunch today - but I can remember Mum's Co-op
number from the 1950's.  94158.  :o
Stop the ride, I want to get off and go back.

dadobreezer

« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »
did any one here know a david dickson from elm street, trying to find any info for a long lost friend.

eastbelfastbabe

« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
did any one here know a david dickson from elm street, trying to find any info for a long lost friend.

How long is it since you last saw him?

jambo

« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:55 PM »
hello. i knew a david dickson, from elm street...had a sister. not sure of name, also had a brother. his mum , brother, and sister moved to blackburn. davy lived here with father...myself and davy and another lad moved to blackburn in 1972 for work...approx 6 months later we were all back in belfast. davy got a job in the ropeworks. but due to an unfortunate accident involving a forklift was killed...this was late 1973 ...approx. ..he was buried in dundonald cemetary...hope this helps. sorry i do not have any photos...

eastbelfastbabe

« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2013, 07:24:37 PM »
hello. i knew a david dickson, from elm street...had a sister. not sure of name, also had a brother. his mum , brother, and sister moved to blackburn. davy lived here with father...myself and davy and another lad moved to blackburn in 1972 for work...approx 6 months later we were all back in belfast. davy got a job in the ropeworks. but due to an unfortunate accident involving a forklift was killed...this was late 1973 ...approx. ..he was buried in dundonald cemetary...hope this helps. sorry i do not have any photos...

Davy was a friend of my husband and I knew he had died after the accident, I didn't want to say until I found out more info.

jambo

« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »
hello again. he went to fane street sec, school. think he was a year above me. think he left school around 1968. you might get photos through school friends if that helps.

dadobreezer

« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »
Thanks a lot for all your help. I was finding out for someone who was going out with him 40 years ago and she wanted to know where he was buried and what actually happened to him. Thanks again for the help.

dadobreezer

« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
jambo thanks for this, don't know how much is in this but i had heard that the 'accident' was not as clear cut as first thought, you know how rumours are started.

jambo

« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
hello again. at the time my friend and i and davy all worked at the city hospital building site, tower block, 1972 / 73. after returning from blackburn davy was involved in accident. we were told he had been using a forklift to lift another someway to fix it. on doing this it had toppled over and crushed him. i remember his brothers name now, think it was tommy, sisters name rita, i think, buried in dundonald cemetary, not far from the main gate slightly to the left, i  went to his funeral , but as you say 40 years now,,,he used to live in silvergrove street,,,,back of mc quistons school if memmory serves me right, then moved to elm street near to the conduit street end, not far from harkness's chippy.. hope that helps

dadobreezer

« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
Jambo, again thanks for your help, one last thing, do you remember him ever mentioning or do you know a girl from Sligo that he was seeing at that time.

whufc

« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
hi sting1793, just trying to find out abit about sammy, never met him before

jambo

« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
hello dadobrezzer, sorry , never ever heard him mention a girl from sligo,

dadobreezer

« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »
Thanks Jambo.