Author Topic: Doormen and Doorwomen at Belfast Clubs.  (Read 37793 times)

AL CAPONE

Re: Doormen and Doorwomen at Belfast Clubs.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
What about oul Ta lockeys?, grat oul spot on a sunday. :)

ardoyne05

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »
was a great wee spot did u know the door staff there

AL CAPONE

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:32 AM »
Big Dougal :)

ardoyne05

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 12:35:06 AM »
know dougal well

AL CAPONE

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
Sausage sandwiches and all in Henry Joys. :)

nikki06xxx

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »
the box nightclub has the worst doorstaff ever ive never tried to get into it but ive seen people being pulled out of the crowd and being told no the doormen stand with their wee clip boards and suits as if they are working on a vip room have heard that the bar itself is good but the doormen put me off u have to dress and look a certain way the people ive seen being pulled out looked perfectly ok to me they didn't look as if they hadn't the right dress code or the chav look going on

Shamrock007

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
the bot door staff are the biggest bunch of [censored]**s that walk the road giving any reason not to let you in like regulars only how in the hell can you be one if they wont let you in thats what i ask and got the reply come during the week am i dont want to be an alco i just want a nite out at the weekend

AL CAPONE

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
Spot on about the door staff, the place is a hole anyway. :)

Shamrock007

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »
anno its a sweat box theylet too many in

NornIronFan

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 08:28:50 PM »
Doorstaff, where do I start?

My daughter was in town a couple of years ago with her boyfriend, some club or other can't remember the name.  Anyway they had never been in it before and he was playing the Poker machine and winning.  He was then asked to leave, when he asked why he was told it was because he must be cheating the machine.  He naturally disagreed and at this pointhe was forcefully evicted, by the time my daughter had gathered their coats up and followed outside he was on the ground and geting kicked in the head by one of the doormen.  Fortunately for them a woman over the street seen everything and even managed to video a bit of it on her phone.  When the police arrived the doormen said that he ahd attacked them both inside and outside the bar, my daughter seen that nothing happened inside and the woman outside stated that the doormen had attacked him for no reason.  End of the day it went to court and they were found guilty of assault.  But for the woman, a complete stranger, he would probably have been done by the police.  Total [censored]. I have no doubt that there a few good ones about, but as is always the case the bad few get the good ones a bad name.

biggeffory

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
Out of my many experiences on a night out in Belfast city center I have mixed memories of the doormen stationed at each club or bar. It seems that most of us must suffer the bad mood or overinflated ego that most doormen or 'bouncers' today seem to have. Some of the best knock backs so to speak include:

Not the night! why? Just not the night, try again the marra!

To much to drink! (when completely sober)

Not getting in! why? Full house! (at half 8, with few people inside and then another person walks in while your shuffled to the side)

Excuses (not real reasons) like these are testament to the fact that bouncers in Belfast today are not only a badjudge of character in many cases but also are wrongfully driven in their work by impulses such as ego (doing the hardman act), too much testosterone and sexual urges (its not a coincidence that most females are not subjected to the same excuses that males are, especially if they are flirty).

Many bouncers also have paramilitary connections and perform beatings simply because they can. Roll on December when the SIA hopefully change the doorstaff procedure and protocols in Northern Ireland.

I'll just add that out of my experiences in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and the Rep. of Ireland i think that Belfast is certainly the hardest place to get into clubs due to the doorstaff being complete scum, but this is just my humble opinion.

QueensGirl

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 03:58:55 AM »
Box operates the same policy as Rain. If you're not under eighteen and you're not dressed in a "revealing" manner, you have no chance. The bouncers are not only arrogant, vain and rather perverted but they disrespect and degrade people in quite a harsh way. My friend was turned away from box for being "too drunk" when he hadn't even sipped a drink. When he protested, the bouncer said "Cut your hair for next time." I myself have been asked to 'twirl' on the spot after the doormen check my ID at rain, so they can have a good look at what the girls are wearing.

This being said, there are a lot of decent doormen and women out there who prove to be polite, well spoken, respecful and helpful. Employers should look for these qualities rather than a persons build and attitude.

snowolf

bobdenn

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »
Why would anyone want to go into a club that employed "scum" as door supervisors?

Just think what the barstaff are like!

:smile:

bobdenn

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »
check out facebook page boycott rain 
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Boycott-Rain-Night-Club-Belfast/254226619544?ref=ts

I've read this and it's quite obvious what is happening.

They are keeping out the "riff-raff".

Simple.

:smile: