Author Topic: Has anyone got school photos of Crumlin Road Convent  (Read 77717 times)

karinl

Re: Has anyone got school photos of Crumlin Road Convent
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »
Just had a thought, does anyone remember Miss donaldson? My mom talked about her when I was at the convent when it went further up the Crumlin Road. I remember her as having a fierce reputation and mom said she was as equally fierce all those years before. There had been a rumour she was friendly with the inspector from the education board. Apart from that, does anybody remember anything else?

just sixty

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
Sr Gabriel lives up in the big house on the Crumlin Road beside the school.  Remember Sr Pachelli Miss mc Alinden Miss mc Cabe  Some pupils names  Anne Ball/Bridie Monaghan/Sally Wiggins/Maura Moreland/Pat Fallon/Mary Jo Rogers/Shirley Goodman/Bernadette Hill/Kathleen mcKeever/Geraldine Gough/all pupils who started in Ballyscillan the year it opened 1960 and left in 1964

Geraldine

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 11:13:31 PM »
Just had a thought, does anyone remember Miss donaldson? My mom talked about her when I was at the convent when it went further up the Crumlin Road. I remember her as having a fierce reputation and mom said she was as equally fierce all those years before. There had been a rumour she was friendly with the inspector from the education board. Apart from that, does anybody remember anything else?
I remember Miss Donaldson, she taught 4th class  and yes she was indeed  a fierce wee woman!!!! :o :o
She took no prisoners. LOL  :D
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Geraldine

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
Sr Gabriel lives up in the big house on the Crumlin Road beside the school.  Remember Sr Pachelli Miss mc Alinden Miss mc Cabe  Some pupils names  Anne Ball/Bridie Monaghan/Sally Wiggins/Maura Moreland/Pat Fallon/Mary Jo Rogers/Shirley Goodman/Bernadette Hill/Kathleen mcKeever/Geraldine Gough/all pupils who started in Ballyscillan the year it opened 1960 and left in 1964
Thanks ,I am delighted to know Sr. Gabriel is still alive as I would love to visit her when next I am in Belfast.
I spelt Miss Mc Alinden wrong but got the pronounciation right. LOl
Was it not Sr. Pascall?
She came from the Star of the Sea to Ballysillan.I liked her very much indeed!!
Ann Ball rings a bell.
Ask your sister Ann if she remembers Jane Goodall from our class,she came from Ardoyne.
Another Ann she might remember is Ann Kettle.I think Ann Kettle came from the Markets or New or Old Lodge Road, I think?
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Geraldine

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »
Hi Geraldine
Just on my way out the door on holiday  Great to hear from you  Will write again next week 
Hi Miriam,did you have a nice holiday? Hope so.!
Did you manage to hunt out that photo?
Did you ask Anne if she remembers me?
Where is she these days?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Geraldine  :) :)

mariedohertywallace

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »
I have a photo taken in Our Lady of Mercy in the 60s.  My name was Marie Doherty.  Is it possible to send it through the Forum?
Marie from Glenbree

McNamee

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 11:58:10 AM »
If you can put it on from your computer, then yes you can.  I cannot do it myself, but will be learning soon.

Hope you can post it. O0

mariedohertywallace

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »
[IMG]http://i943.pho
Marie from Glenbree

mariedohertywallace

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/amdwallace/

Don't know if I have copied the photo correctly

Our Lady of Mercy Bilston Road
Marie from Glenbree

just sixty

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Marie
I'm sure you went to school with my sister Anne Trainor and Geraldine who is on line I think you were one of their friends

just sixty

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
Geraldine
Do you remember Marie Doherty?  I had a nice break and am back to the usual now.  I will look for the photo this week and get my son to show me how to put it on the site  I don't think you will know very many as we went into 1st form the year Ballyscillan opened  Jean Moreland was in Anne's class  Anne married and had 3 children who are all grown up now she has 7 grandchildren.  Her husband was ill and died when he was about 28. 

mariedohertywallace

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »
I kept in touch for several years with Anne.  She married John Gillespie.  I still keep in touch with John's sister, Eleanor.  Give her my best wishes
Marie from Glenbree

Rosiejoe

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 07:12:48 PM »
I kept in touch for several years with Anne.  She married John Gillespie.  I still keep in touch with John's sister, Eleanor.  Give her my best wishes

Marie, do you know a Geraldine Wilson (nee Smith) now lives in Australia?  I could have sworn I saw your profile pic on her facebook. Rosie

Rosiejoe

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
I went to the convent  from 1955 until 1958, when we moved house. I vaguely remember my mother taking me to the convent to ask the nuns to take me into school early (my dad had TB and was in hospital and mum had to find work - no social in those days!).  I climbed up onto a big wooden chair and wriggled until I was on it. Mum said she nearly cried - the chair was so big and I was so small on it.  The only name I remember is Miss McAlinden and only because her sister taught me in Ruper Stanley College some 9 years later.  Sorry no other memories or photos, but good to talk to others.  Rosie :))

mariedohertywallace

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »
Geraldine and I have been friends since around 1978.

What is your connection with her?

Marie
Marie from Glenbree