Author Topic: Has anyone got school photos of Crumlin Road Convent  (Read 74795 times)

Geraldine

Re: Has anyone got school photos of Crumlin Road Convent
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
Hi just sixty,
I started Our Lady Of Mercy Ballysillan in my final year,maybe I know your sister especially seeing we all came from Crumlin Road Convent.
Is it possible for you to post the picture you have?
I would love to see it.
Thanks   Geraldine
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

just sixty

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
My sister Anne Trainor was in form 4 in 1960 when it opened.  She also went to Crumlin Road Convent along with me and my other sister Pauline.  I met Sr Gabriel recently and Sr Josephine (back to her christian name) lives beside me now that the convent is demoished.  Sr Carmel died this year.  Miss Malone until recently went to St Bernards Glengormley. Got lot to tell you.  

just sixty

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »
Names that are coming to me now are Jean Moreland Maura Moreland Anne Ball Geraldine mc Guigan Pat Fallon Mrs McCormack (Crumlin Road) Sr Peter St Angela \decd\  Sr Brendan Sr  Stanaslus I am on a roll now

just sixty

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »
I am going on holiday this weekend for a week but I will look for the photo when I get home and get my son to put it on  for me as I don't have a clue.  This is Sr Concellio's typing Remember St Berkman Miss Mc Cabe (History teacher) Miss Bradley Sr Stanaslaus These are just names from both schools as they come into my head.  What were you called at school?  My name was Miriam Trainor then.

just sixty

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:09 PM »
Did you get my reply

karinl

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
my mother went to the convent below the Mater around the beginning of the 50's and I would give anything to get a photo of SR Carmel as my mother still speaks of her - she adored her. I remember her talking about the choir and the nun that took the music class.  :)

Geraldine

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
Just sixty, I am  overwhelmed now. :( :( :( :(
 I remember your sister Anne very well.She is one of the girls I have never forgotten.
Ask her if she remembers me, Geraldine Kernangan.
I am delighted to hear all the old names. :o :o
Like Karenl's mother I was so very fond of Sr.Carmel.
Imagine you being Anne Trainors sister. ??? ???

Please let me know how how she is etc.
Looking forward to hearing from you,I am so excited.
Can't wait to see the photo.
Cheers Geraldine
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Geraldine

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
My sister Anne Trainor was in form 4 in 1960 when it opened.  She also went to Crumlin Road Convent along with me and my other sister Pauline.  I met Sr Gabriel recently and Sr Josephine (back to her christian name) lives beside me now that the convent is demoished.  Sr Carmel died this year.  Miss Malone until recently went to St Bernards Glengormley. Got lot to tell you.  

OMG!!!  :o  As I said earlier I am over the moon about hearing about Anne.
 Sister Gabriel was one of my favorites.She must be a right age now. I would love to see her again.
sad to hear about Sister carmel,a real lady!!!
can't wait to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
Cheers  Geraldine

Geraldine

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »
Names that are coming to me now are Jean Moreland Maura Moreland Anne Ball Geraldine mc Guigan Pat Fallon Mrs McCormack (Crumlin Road) Sr Peter St Angela \decd\  Sr Brendan Sr  Stanaslus I am on a roll now

Well well, Mrs.McCormack was a lovely teacher,she taught me in fourth class, Sister Peter in third class,she was so strict and was a great knitter.I think so was your sister Anne.We used to be the best knitters and she would have us knitting instead of doing half of the schoolwork as she knew we would catch up.  LOL
Sister Angela is vaguely familiar to me but Sister Stanaslaus taught me in seventh class and she was also strict and like Peter had a huge stick , a pointer.We were terrified.
AND of course Sister Brendan was our headmistress of Crumlin Road.
Sister Carmel was head of Ballysillan.

Geraldine

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 12:16:18 AM »
I am going on holiday this weekend for a week but I will look for the photo when I get home and get my son to put it on  for me as I don't have a clue.  This is Sr Concellio's typing Remember St Berkman Miss Mc Cabe (History teacher) Miss Bradley Sr Stanaslaus These are just names from both schools as they come into my head.  What were you called at school?  My name was Miriam Trainor then.

Hey there just sixty,keep rolling!!!
This is great!!!
I was trying to remember Sister Concellio's name,thanks for the memory!!!She was one of the young nuns and lovely!!
This is also Concellio's typing, ha ha .Although I didn't get enough of it.  LOL :) :)
Aaww,I loved little Sister Berkman,also a real lady,a very fine human being like Sister carmel.
She taught me in senior infants and in sixth class.
Or am I getting 6th and 7th mixed up.?
Please ask Anne to set me straight,This is awesome!!!
I also remember Miss McCabe but can't remeber Miss Bradley.
What was the music teacher's name?
was it Miss Mackerlinden??  LOL
Cheers Geraldine

just sixty

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »
Hi Geraldine
Just on my way out the door on holiday  Great to hear from you  Will write again next week 

tboy

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 12:14:08 AM »
sr. stanislaus gave me an orange to shut me up in 1955 :) yes that was child care then ;)

Geraldine

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 12:51:33 AM »
sr. stanislaus gave me an orange to shut me up in 1955 :) yes that was child care then ;)

Are you serious tboy?  

karinl

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »

I thought the Convent was all girl? Anything you want to share with us tboy????????? :D

Geraldine

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »

I thought the Convent was all girl? Anything you want to share with us tboy????????? :D
[/quote

He He!! :D