Author Topic: Good Restaurants in Belfast  (Read 7414 times)

teragram

Re: Good Restaurants in Belfast
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
Shazza,  I've never eaten in one of those top restaurants you mention.  I've seen them on tv but there always seems to be very little on the plate. I like my spuds, steak and onions, and my chicken wings.  I was in Ryans last night and 2 starters 2 main meals, garlic potatoes, onions, large coke and a shandy, great service £30.  I love the atmosphere of that wee place. If I was still drinking, that's the kind of pub I'd enjoy hanging around.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

Shazza

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
I googled Ryans, and see that it's on the Lisburn Road, but I can't imagine WHERE it is.  I'm going to the City Hospital later this afternoon, I'll look out for it.

I've heard you mention it before.  I think if people are comfortable with a place, they were return regularly.

Kateme

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »
This might not fit in with the Belfast Nightlife theme - but last weekend I had a terrific Sunday dinner at the O'Neill Arms in Toome, Co. Antrim.  There were six courses (at least) including starters, salad, soup, main course - carvery, sides, dessert and coffee or tea.  It was absolutely excellent.  Coming from NY, it really reminded me of a good Sunday dinner in Belfast.  The soup was excellent, as was the carved roast beef, lamb and turkey.  If you get the chance to go there, you won't be disappointed.  The scenery around there is terrific also. (My Dad came from around there.)
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

teragram

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »
I googled Ryans, and see that it's on the Lisburn Road, but I can't imagine WHERE it is.  I'm going to the City Hospital later this afternoon, I'll look out for it.

I've heard you mention it before.  I think if people are comfortable with a place, they were return regularly.

Shazza, if you walked out of the city hospital and turned right, walked a few hundred yards, it's on the corner of a street on the far side. White walls black woodwork. It doesn't look much from the outside but, it's very clean, the food is great, and the service is excellent. The restaurant is upstairs.

teragram

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
I was in a place today in Cloughmills called The Drumadoon Restaurant.  Poor old Ryans wouldn't hold a candle to it.  Excellent. Five stars plus.

Veronica

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
I was in a place today in Cloughmills called The Drumadoon Restaurant.  Poor old Ryans wouldn't hold a candle to it.  Excellent. Five stars plus.
Where is Cloughmills????
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetari